Обсуждение: PostGreSQL Date Query?

PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
"Lennie De Villiers"

I'm using Java together with PostGreSQL database.

I'm having a problem with a date query, when I write:

select sRescheduleDate, * from tbl_leads

where sRescheduleDate >= '01/01/2005' AND sRescheduleDate <= '28/01/2005'

and bRescheduleCall = true

the query also return the values for "01/04/2005" where it should only
return those between that date range.

Anyone can help me.

Using Java 2 SE 1.4.2, PostGreSQL 8.0

Kind Regards,

Lennie De Villiers

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:51, Lennie De Villiers wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using Java together with PostGreSQL database.
>

> I'm having a problem with a date query, when I write:
>

> select sRescheduleDate, * from tbl_leads
>
> where sRescheduleDate >= '01/01/2005' AND sRescheduleDate <=
> '28/01/2005'
>
> and bRescheduleCall = true
>

> the query also return the values for "01/04/2005" where it should only
> return those between that date range.

Sounds like your month and day are not where you think they are.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-DATETIME-INPUT

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Diego Gil
Дата:
Maybe you have a wrong datestyle format.

Try a query with '01/01/2005' and '01/28/2005' range, in month-day-year
format.

Diego.

El mar, 08-03-2005 a las 23:51 +0200, Lennie De Villiers escribió:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using Java together with PostGreSQL database.
>

> I'm having a problem with a date query, when I write:
>

> select sRescheduleDate, * from tbl_leads
>
> where sRescheduleDate >= '01/01/2005' AND sRescheduleDate <=
> '28/01/2005'
>
> and bRescheduleCall = true
>

> the query also return the values for "01/04/2005" where it should only
> return those between that date range.
>
> Anyone can help me.
>

> Using Java 2 SE 1.4.2, PostGreSQL 8.0
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Lennie De Villiers

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
That's very strange. have you tried the query in psql. Also you can use
the between clause.

I'd also recommend using prepared statements and setDate, just to make
sure the date is formatted correctly.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
That's what I thought too, but pg should give him an error if he is
asking for the 28th month.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
"Prasanth"
Дата:
>Sounds like your month and day are not where you think they are.

In which case you will get an error message saying that "date/time field
value out of range."

-Prasanth.

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:51, Lennie De Villiers wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using Java together with PostGreSQL database.
>

> I'm having a problem with a date query, when I write:
>

> select sRescheduleDate, * from tbl_leads
>
> where sRescheduleDate >= '01/01/2005' AND sRescheduleDate <=
> '28/01/2005'
>
> and bRescheduleCall = true
>

> the query also return the values for "01/04/2005" where it should only
> return those between that date range.

Sounds like your month and day are not where you think they are.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-DA
TETIME-INPUT

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
You'd think that as the guy who'd pissed and moaned until the old
behaviour was changed I would have thought of that.  but no...

Too much going on today.  I bet it's a text field.

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 14:45, Dave Cramer wrote:
> That's what I thought too, but pg should give him an error if he is
> asking for the 28th month.
>
> Dave
>
> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:51, Lennie De Villiers wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>

> >>I'm using Java together with PostGreSQL database.
> >>

> >>I'm having a problem with a date query, when I write:
> >>

> >>select sRescheduleDate, * from tbl_leads
> >>
> >>where sRescheduleDate >= '01/01/2005' AND sRescheduleDate <=
> >>'28/01/2005'
> >>
> >>and bRescheduleCall = true
> >>

> >>the query also return the values for "01/04/2005" where it should only
> >>return those between that date range.
> >>

> >Sounds like your month and day are not where you think they are.
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-DATETIME-INPUT

> >TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: PostGreSQL Date Query?

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
This is why I almost never, no make that never try to set a timestamp or
a date parameter in a java query without using prepared statements
let the driver work out the details...

Dave