Обсуждение: XA support in JDBC driver

XA support in JDBC driver

От
roncordell@comcast.net
Дата:
Can anyone tell me what the status of full XA support in the JDBC driver is? I had read a discussion thread on The
ServerSide recently that indicated that XA was 'faked' in the pgsql jdbc driver. If anyone knows what this means and
canshare, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: XA support in JDBC driver

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 roncordell@comcast.net wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the status of full XA support in the JDBC driver
> is? I had read a discussion thread on The Server Side recently that
> indicated that XA was 'faked' in the pgsql jdbc driver. If anyone knows
> what this means and can share, I would greatly appreciate it.

The postgresql jdbc driver does not have XA support because the server
does not support distributed transactions.  In the past there was a "fake"
XA implementation, but it was removed over two years ago.  Basically when
calling javax.transaction.xa.XAresource#prepare() it couldn't actually do
a prepare so it only checked if there were any outstanding errors in that
transaction.

Kris Jurka

Re: XA support in JDBC driver

От
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Is there a plan to have distributed transactions in the server or is it
> in the mists of future?

It is definitely something that people want and so far two people have
produced separate incomplete implementations.  Nothing of this sort will
go into the 8.0 release, but the 8.1 release is certainly open to it.
Unfortunately the 8.1 release is a year away, so who knows what will
happen between now and then.

Kris Jurka