Обсуждение: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Victor Sanchez2
Дата:
I use Debian. In one example (with user postgres) i obtain success:

sh-3.00$ psql -l
Listado de base de datos
Nombre | Dueño | Codificación
-----------+----------+--------------
mydb | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
test | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(4 filas)

The problem appears when i use tora or pgaccess, i can't connect to db.
The message is:

  Unable to connect to the database.
  FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"

Who/where is the possible problem?

I try:
   user: postgres
   pass: "mypass"
   port: 5432
   localhost
   db: mydb

Any answer?

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Yi LIN
Дата:
I will never use postgres since it maybe a keyword. :-)

Yi

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Victor Sanchez2 wrote:

> I use Debian. In one example (with user postgres) i obtain success:
>
> sh-3.00$ psql -l
> Listado de base de datos
> Nombre | Due�o | Codificaci�n
> -----------+----------+--------------
> mydb | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> test | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> (4 filas)
>
> The problem appears when i use tora or pgaccess, i can't connect to db.
> The message is:
>
>   Unable to connect to the database.
>   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"
>
> Who/where is the possible problem?
>
> I try:
>    user: postgres
>    pass: "mypass"
>    port: 5432
>    localhost
>    db: mydb
>
> Any answer?

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Victor Sanchez2
Дата:
No, I think this isn't the problem. :)
I'm reading about pg_hba.conf and postgres.conf and is possible that the
problem is about it and this configure.

El jue, 23-09-2004 a las 23:53, Yi LIN escribió:
> I will never use postgres since it maybe a keyword. :-)
>
> Yi
>
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Victor Sanchez2 wrote:
>
> > I use Debian. In one example (with user postgres) i obtain success:
> >
> > sh-3.00$ psql -l
> > Listado de base de datos
> > Nombre | Dueo | Codificacin
> > -----------+----------+--------------
> > mydb | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > test | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > (4 filas)
> >
> > The problem appears when i use tora or pgaccess, i can't connect to db.
> > The message is:
> >
> >   Unable to connect to the database.
> >   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"
> >
> > Who/where is the possible problem?
> >
> > I try:
> >    user: postgres
> >    pass: "mypass"
> >    port: 5432
> >    localhost
> >    db: mydb
> >
> > Any answer?

> >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Jan de Visser
Дата:
On September 23, 2004 05:47 pm, you wrote:
>   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"

You mistyped your username.

HTH,

JdV!!

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Victor Sanchez2
Дата:
El vie, 24-09-2004 a las 00:06, Jan de Visser escribió:
> On September 23, 2004 05:47 pm, you wrote:
> >   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"
>
> You mistyped your username.
>
> HTH,
>
> JdV!!

Why?

I connect with 'psql mydb' without problems (with user postgres) and
password is correct when i login with postgres. Also, i can use
createdb, dropdb... without problems.
When i try to connect with tora i receive this message.

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Jan de Visser
Дата:
On September 23, 2004 06:14 pm, you wrote:
> El vie, 24-09-2004 a las 00:05, Jan de Visser escribió:
> > On September 23, 2004 05:47 pm, you wrote:
> > >   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
portgres != postgres

> > You mistyped your username.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > JdV!!
>
> Why?
>
> I connect with 'psql mydb' without problems (with user postgres) and
> password is correct when i login with postgres. Also, i can use
> createdb, dropdb... without problems.
> When i try to connect with tora i receive this message.

JdV!!

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
"John R Pierce"
Дата:
>> >   Unable to connect to the database.
>> >   FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "portgres"

> I'm reading about pg_hba.conf and postgres.conf and is possible that the
> problem is about it and this configure.

I would not use IDENT authentication (specified in pg_hba.conf) under any
circumstances I can think of.   Either use TRUST or use MD5, I always use
MD5 once the DBA accounts are established and passworded.

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Victor Sanchez2
Дата:
El vie, 24-09-2004 a las 00:15, Jan de Visser escribió:
> On September 23, 2004 06:14 pm, you wrote:
> portgres != postgres

Sorry, I want to write "postgres" :)

Re: pg_hba.conf ---> problem??

От
Victor Sanchez2
Whit line:

    host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust sameuser

the problem finisk, all is ok.

Thanksss :)