Обсуждение: JDBC rowsets

JDBC rowsets

От
Glenn Holmer
Дата:
What is the state of (or schedule for) JDBC rowset support in
Postgres?  Does that require a full-blown JDBC 4.0 driver?

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer@weycogroup.com
Programmer/Analyst                       phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601

Re: JDBC rowsets

От
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Glenn Holmer wrote:

> What is the state of (or schedule for) JDBC rowset support in
> Postgres?  Does that require a full-blown JDBC 4.0 driver?

I was under the impression that rowsets were a database and driver
independent layer that could be built with any JDBC driver.  So the driver
developers wouldn't provide a rowset implementation, but someone like sun
would that coudl be used with any database.

Kris Jurka

Re: JDBC rowsets

От
Glenn Holmer
Дата:
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Glenn Holmer wrote:
>
>>What is the state of (or schedule for) JDBC rowset support in
>>Postgres?  Does that require a full-blown JDBC 4.0 driver?
>>

> I was under the impression that rowsets were a database and driver
> independent layer that could be built with any JDBC driver.  So the driver
> developers wouldn't provide a rowset implementation, but someone like sun
> would that coudl be used with any database.

That's what I thought, too.  A couple of people have tried using
Postgres with Project Rave:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/jscreator/

but are having problems (Postgres isn't officially supported yet,
it's an early access release).

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer@weycogroup.com
Programmer/Analyst                       phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601

Re: JDBC rowsets

От
Jonathan Bruce
Дата:
Glenn,

Per JSR-114, JDBC RowSet Implementations, JDBC RowSets requires a JDBC
3.0 compliant driver to function correctly.

For further details see:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc

-Jonathan Bruce
JDBC Specification Lead and Architect
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Glenn Holmer wrote:

> Kris Jurka wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Glenn Holmer wrote:
>>
>>> What is the state of (or schedule for) JDBC rowset support in
>>> Postgres?  Does that require a full-blown JDBC 4.0 driver?
>>>

>> I was under the impression that rowsets were a database and driver
>> independent layer that could be built with any JDBC driver.  So the
>> driver
>> developers wouldn't provide a rowset implementation, but someone like sun
>> would that coudl be used with any database.
>

> That's what I thought, too.  A couple of people have tried using
> Postgres with Project Rave:
>
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/jscreator/
>
> but are having problems (Postgres isn't officially supported yet,
> it's an early access release).

jdbc cts

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Jonathan,

We are working to make the postgres jdbc driver pass the cts test.
One troublesome thing is that the cts test requires that
supportsStoredProcedures returns true. AFAICS, this is not required by
the spec? Why does the cts require this?

Dave
--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336