Обсуждение: Problems with JDBC client and LATIN1 chars

Problems with JDBC client and LATIN1 chars

От
kenr@redergaard-it.no
Дата:
Hi,

I'm experiencing a decoding problem with PG 7.3.4 and the latest
Postgresql JDBC driver.

When transfering the Norwegian letters øæå the JDBC driver claims that
illegal chars are received. But when using pgAdmin this works fine.

Are there any patches available to get pgAdmin behaviour (accepting LATIN1) ?

Or do I have to pgdump, stop the production environment, alter the cluster
to use LATIN1, and pgrestore the db ? I really hope that there is another
way to do this...

With regards,
Ken A. Redergård

Re: Problems with JDBC client and LATIN1 chars

От
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 kenr@redergaard-it.no wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing a decoding problem with PG 7.3.4 and the latest
> Postgresql JDBC driver.
>
> When transfering the Norwegian letters øæå the JDBC driver claims that
> illegal chars are received. But when using pgAdmin this works fine.
>
> Are there any patches available to get pgAdmin behaviour (accepting LATIN1) ?

pgAdmin is one of the many pg clients that are in the "ignorance is bliss"
category.  Java needs your encoding to be correct.

> Or do I have to pgdump, stop the production environment, alter the cluster
> to use LATIN1, and pgrestore the db ? I really hope that there is another
> way to do this...

Sorry, no.

Kris Jurka