Обсуждение: class not found exception

class not found exception

От
"vijay raghava"

  Hello Postgresql users,
          I wrote a normal java application(using main() method) and
successfully connected to postgresql database but when I connect to it
using JSP, Iam getting 'Class not found exception'.Iam using pg73jdbc1.jar and jdk1.4.1_04 and Red Hat Linux 9.0.The web server is
Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.4.Please help me.Send a reply as soon as possible.

    M.Vijaya Raghava

Re: class not found exception

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vijaya,

Did you read this?

http://doc.postgresintl.com/jdbc/ch11s04.html

If you aren't using datasource's then can you post the code and your web
configuration?

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336

Re: class not found exception

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
vijay raghava wrote:

> Iam using pg73jdbc1.jar and jdk1.4.1_04

You are using the JDBC1 build of the driver; you should be using a JDBC3
build with JDK 1.4.

(I don't know if this is causing the problem you see, but it won't be
helping)

-O

connection problem - why idle

От
dinakar
Дата:
Hi All,

 We have hosted an web application and now it is live.

 s/w used : Apache, Tomcat 4.1.x, Postgresql 7.x

 It seems that there is a major problem with the
database connectivity.

 What we are seeing is that over a period of time the
database reports more and more connections from the
our web application until the connection limit (100 on
our setup) is reached.

this is a sample code i am using across application.

whether we need to release the connection explicitly ?

As of now i have not released the connection only i
have closed it .... ?

/*****************************************************/

       -------------my db class-----------------
try {

    this.setConnection(ConnectionPool.getConnection());
    ArrayList arrList = new ArrayList();

    con.setAutoCommit(false);
    preStmt     = con.prepareStatement("SELECT * from t");
    resultSet     = preStmt.executeQuery();

    while (resultSet.next()) {
    }
    return arrList;
}
catch(Exception ex) {
    sberror.append(ex.getMessage());
    return null;
}

finally {
    try {
        con.setAutoCommit(true);
        resultSet.close();
        preStmt.close();
        con.close();
    }
    catch (SQLException e) {
           sberror.append(e.getMessage());
        return null;
    }
}

      -----------my Connectionpool class-----------

public static Connection getConnection() {

    Connection con = null;
    javax.sql.DataSource ds;
    try {
        ds = (DataSource)
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/postgres");
        if (ds != null) {
            con = ds.getConnection();
        }
        else
            return null;
        }
    catch (Exception e) {
        return null;
    }
    return con;
}

/*****************************************************/

please help...

Thanks,
Dinakar

http://search.yahoo.com

any way in PG to check idle connections and close it automatically

От
dinakar
Дата:
Hi All,

Is there any way in Postgresql 7.x to check for idle
connections and close it automatically. ?

please advise.

Thanks,
Dinakar