Обсуждение: ResultSetMetaData implementation

ResultSetMetaData implementation

От
Jan-Andre le Roux
Дата:
Hi

I implemented the getTable() method in AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData
(only for protocol version 3), however, I had to change the Field class
(added tableOid field and added a getter for BaseConnection), the
receiveFieldsV3() method in QueryExecutor to account for the extra
tableOid field in the Field class.

What is the correct way to create patches?

thanks in advance

Re: ResultSetMetaData implementation

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Jan-Andre le Roux wrote:

> Hi
>
> I implemented the getTable() method in AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData
> (only for protocol version 3), however, I had to change the Field class
> (added tableOid field and added a getter for BaseConnection), the
> receiveFieldsV3() method in QueryExecutor to account for the extra
> tableOid field in the Field class.
>
> What is the correct way to create patches?

The recommend patch format is a context diff, i.e. "cvs diff -c", and then
send that and a brief description like yours above to this list.

Kris Jurka

Re: ResultSetMetaData implementation

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Jan-Andre

send us a context diff

ie cvs diff -cb ...

Dave
On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 03:40, Jan-Andre le Roux wrote:
> Hi
>
> I implemented the getTable() method in AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData
> (only for protocol version 3), however, I had to change the Field class
> (added tableOid field and added a getter for BaseConnection), the
> receiveFieldsV3() method in QueryExecutor to account for the extra
> tableOid field in the Field class.
>
> What is the correct way to create patches?
>

> thanks in advance

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: ResultSetMetaData implementation addendum

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
And a test case for the test suite would be greatly appreciated as well.