Обсуждение: Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
"Gordon Ross"
Дата:
I didn't think you needed to HUP postmaster if you were changing
pg_hba.conf  ?

GTG

>>> Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net> 03/10/2003 15:48:49 >>>
and you HUPPED postmaster after changing this?

--dc--
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 10:32, Gordon Ross wrote:
> OK, error from server.log:
>
> FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.108, user postgres,
database switchboards

> entries in pg_hba.conf:
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK
METHOD

> local   all         all
trust
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255
trust
> host    all         all         192.168.24.108    255.255.255.255
trust

> 192.168.24.108 is my PCs IP address.

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

Дата:
"Gordon Ross" <G.Ross@ccw.gov.uk> writes:
> I didn't think you needed to HUP postmaster if you were changing
> pg_hba.conf  ?

You certainly do (in recent releases anyway).  I also thought there
might be merit in the suggestion that you were changing the wrong copy
of pg_hba.conf ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 03/10/2003 16:04 Gordon Ross wrote:
> I didn't think you needed to HUP postmaster if you were changing
> pg_hba.conf  ?

'fraid so. It's documented near the end of section 6.1.

"The pg_hba.conf file is read on start-up and when the postmaster receives
a SIGHUP signal."

--
Paul Thomas
Business |