Обсуждение: Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
"Gordon Ross"
Дата:
OK. I increased it from the default of 32 to 128 and did a pg_ctl
reload. Still get the same problem. With server running (but doing
nothing), cannot connect from PC, I get the error message: "No
pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.108" - yet shutting down the
server process allows the PC to connect.

GTG

On 03/10/2003 08:43 Gordon Ross wrote:
> (Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)
>
> I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC)
which
> I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC.
When
> my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one
connection.
> i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if
my
> PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.
>
> If the server app is running, then I cannot connect with other tools
> from my PC (e.g. EMS Postgres manager), but I can always connect
using
> psql from the Solaris command line.
>
> Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?

It soulds like you need to increase max_connections in
postgresql.conf.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

---------------------------(end of
broadcast)---------------------------

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 03/10/2003 11:35 Gordon Ross wrote:
> OK. I increased it from the default of 32 to 128 and did a pg_ctl
> reload. Still get the same problem. With server running (but doing
> nothing), cannot connect from PC, I get the error message: "No
> pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.108" - yet shutting down the
> server process allows the PC to connect.

Wierd. It sounds like your server program is grabbing every possible
tcp/ip connection to the db. Could this be the case somehow? You would
still be able to psql to the db from the Solaris box as there are usually
a couple of reserved super-user connections. I can't explain why you get
that particular error message though.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

Дата:
Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk> writes:
> On 03/10/2003 11:35 Gordon Ross wrote:
>> OK. I increased it from the default of 32 to 128 and did a pg_ctl
>> reload. Still get the same problem. With server running (but doing
>> nothing), cannot connect from PC, I get the error message: "No
>> pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.108" - yet shutting down the
>> server process allows the PC to connect.

> Wierd. It sounds like your server program is grabbing every possible
> tcp/ip connection to the db.

I don't think that's the issue at all --- if it were an
out-of-connections situation, that error message would not be what comes
up.  But I cannot think how the presence of one connection would affect
the ability of another to match a pg_hba.conf entry.  What do you have
in pg_hba.conf, anyway??  Does the complaint message actually match your
PC's address?  (And let's see the entire error message, please, not an
edited subset.  Looking in the postmaster log to see if more is reported
there would be helpful too.)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
teknokrat
Дата:
Gordon Ross wrote:
> OK. I increased it from the default of 32 to 128 and did a pg_ctl
> reload. Still get the same problem. With server running (but doing
> nothing), cannot connect from PC, I get the error message: "No
> pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.108" - yet shutting down the
> server process allows the PC to connect.
>
> GTG

> On 03/10/2003 08:43 Gordon Ross wrote:
>
>>(Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)
>>
>>I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC)
>
> which
>
>>I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC.
>
> When
>
>>my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one
>
> connection.
>
>>i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if
>
> my
>
>>PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.
>>
>>If the server app is running, then I cannot connect with other tools
>>from my PC (e.g. EMS Postgres manager), but I can always connect
>
> using
>
>>psql from the Solaris command line.
>>
>>Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?
>

> It soulds like you need to increase max_connections in
> postgresql.conf.
>
> HTH

You need to add 192.168.24.108 to your trusted hosts in pg_hba.conf,
helps to RTFM too