Обсуждение: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection

Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection

От
"Gordon Ross"
Дата:
(Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)

I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC) which
I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC. When
my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one connection.
i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if my
PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.

If the server app is running, then I cannot connect with other tools
from my PC (e.g. EMS Postgres manager), but I can always connect using
psql from the Solaris command line.

Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?

Thanks,

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 03/10/2003 08:43 Gordon Ross wrote:
> (Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)
>
> I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC) which
> I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC. When
> my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one connection.
> i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if my
> PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.
>
> If the server app is running, then I cannot connect with other tools
> from my PC (e.g. EMS Postgres manager), but I can always connect using
> psql from the Solaris command line.
>
> Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?

It soulds like you need to increase max_connections in postgresql.conf.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I'm guessing pilot error here, can you show us the relevant code?

dave

Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>