Обсуждение: Java not running under Linux

Java not running under Linux

От
wsmeyer@ibest.com.br
Дата:
Hi,

   I'm having problem  running  java on Linux. The source code is compiled ok, but when I try to run it with  "java
filename"the follow error message appear:

    " Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError "

   Someone that already had this kind of problem......

Thanks

     Wladimr

Quer ajudar o Brasil e n�o sabe como?
AjudaBrasil: http://www.ajudabrasil.org/mail.html.

Re: Java not running under Linux

От
Fernando Nasser
Дата:
wsmeyer@ibest.com.br wrote:> Hi,

>    I'm having problem  running  java on Linux. The source code is compiled ok, but when I try to run it with  "java
filename"the follow error message appear:

>     " Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError "
>
>    Someone that already had this kind of problem......

What is the value of your JAVA_HOME environment variable?

What does `which java` returns?

Where did you install your JDBC driver?

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

Re: Java not running under Linux

От
Zak McGregor
Дата:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:22:58 -0400
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> wrote:

> wsmeyer@ibest.com.br wrote:> Hi,
> >
> >    I'm having problem  running  java on Linux. The source code is compiled
> >    ok, but when I try to run it with  "java filename" the follow error
> >    message appear:
> >
> >     " Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError "

Try chopping the .class off the filename bit. In other words if your class is in
the file MyClass.class, run it with "java MyClass" instead of "java
MyClass.class"

HTH

Ciao

Zak

http://www.carfolio.com/        Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs
Auctioning motoring-related items at eBay? http://www.carfolio.com/ebay/

Re: Java not running under Linux

От
"Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes"
Дата:
This is a way off-topic. The answer: RTFM.

you either:

1- mispelled the Java class name. Note that it's the class name and not the
   class filename that matters. It is case sensitive and you must spell it
   exactly the way it's named internally.

2- you haven't provide the class name complete with packages.

next time, use more your time than ours for off topic questions. You're a
way too far from making questions about PostgreSQL JDBC drivers if you
can't compile a java source file.

Quoting wsmeyer@ibest.com.br: