Обсуждение: Information needed

Information needed

От
Sonjoy Datta
Дата:
Hi,

I'm doing a MSc Project and have used a postgres database. I want to
connect my java servlet with the database but encounter problems
connecting with the driver class. I know that many Internet sites state
that the org.postgresql.Driver is the correct driver class but I cannot
obtain a connection.

Please can somebody tell me what the problem may be and how it can be
solved.

Sonjoy K Datta
Queen Mary University

Re: Information needed

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 07/07/2003 14:01 Sonjoy Datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a MSc Project and have used a postgres database. I want to
> connect my java servlet with the database but encounter problems
> connecting with the driver class. I know that many Internet sites state
> that the org.postgresql.Driver is the correct driver class but I cannot
> obtain a connection.
>
> Please can somebody tell me what the problem may be and how it can be
> solved.

Not without a great deal more information. Post the code you are using
plus a stack trace of the exception and someone might be able to help.

BTW, there is a web site called java.sun.com which has a tutorial on JDBC.
Maybe you should read that.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Information needed

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
You will have to give us more information than that, what is the error
message, stack trace, your code, etc...

Dave
On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 09:01, Sonjoy Datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a MSc Project and have used a postgres database. I want to
> connect my java servlet with the database but encounter problems
> connecting with the driver class. I know that many Internet sites state
> that the org.postgresql.Driver is the correct driver class but I cannot
> obtain a connection.
>
> Please can somebody tell me what the problem may be and how it can be
> solved.
>

> Sonjoy K Datta
> Queen Mary University

Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>

Re: Information needed

От
Erik Price

Sonjoy Datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a MSc Project and have used a postgres database. I want to
> connect my java servlet with the database but encounter problems
> connecting with the driver class. I know that many Internet sites state
> that the org.postgresql.Driver is the correct driver class but I cannot
> obtain a connection.
>
> Please can somebody tell me what the problem may be and how it can be
> solved.

Post the relevant part of your servlet code (the attempt to make a
connection).  And if you are getting any errors or other relevant
information, include that too.

Erik