Обсуждение: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
Programs used;
    OpenOffice 1.01
    SuSE 8.1
    Java 1.3.1
    Postgres 7.3.2
I compiled the JDBC driver from the source included with Postgresql 7.3.2 and
I set up  OpenOffice to use the driver. The problem is that while I can open
and move through the tables I do not have write capabilities. The tables have
primary keys and the driver sees them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you
    Adrian Klaver
    aklaver@attbi.com

Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Adrian,

Can you tell me how to recreate this problem. I am OpenOffice
challenged.

Dave
On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 22:02, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Programs used;
>     OpenOffice 1.01
>     SuSE 8.1
>     Java 1.3.1
>     Postgres 7.3.2
> I compiled the JDBC driver from the source included with Postgresql 7.3.2 and
> I set up  OpenOffice to use the driver. The problem is that while I can open
> and move through the tables I do not have write capabilities. The tables have
> primary keys and the driver sees them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>     Thank you
>     Adrian Klaver
>     aklaver@attbi.com

Dave Cramer <davec@fastcrypt.com>
Cramer Consulting
--
Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>

Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
Start by opening OO and clicking on Tools->Options-Security. Under Security
there will be box labeled class path. You can enter the path to the jar file
there. Once you back out of there press F4 to get the Data Source Browser.
Right click on the Bibliography data source. Then click on Adminstrate Data
Sources. Click on New Data Source. In the right panel select JDBC as database
type. Move to JDBC tab enter org.postgresql.Driver as JDBC driver class.
Enter postgresql:database as URL (assuming database on localhost and using
default port).Select Apply and your data source should be set up. In the left
panel navigate the data source tree to get to tables. Open a table. In the
right panel will be table contents. At bottom of panel there will be record
navigation arrows (next record.last record,etc). There is also a star shaped
icon. If this icon is yellow data entry is allowed, if it is grayed out then
the table is read only. Hope this helps.

On Monday 17 March 2003 01:08 am, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Can you tell me how to recreate this problem. I am OpenOffice
> challenged.
>
> Dave
>
> On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 22:02, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > Programs used;
> >     OpenOffice 1.01
> >     SuSE 8.1
> >     Java 1.3.1
> >     Postgres 7.3.2
> > I compiled the JDBC driver from the source included with Postgresql 7.3.2
> > and I set up  OpenOffice to use the driver. The problem is that while I
> > can open and move through the tables I do not have write capabilities.
> > The tables have primary keys and the driver sees them. Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> >     Thank you
> >     Adrian Klaver
> >     aklaver@attbi.com

Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
Cool instructions !
But I still get an error message: "No Java installed !" when I try to
connect...
I have no clue how to overcome this. I have java in the path, set the
JAVA_HOME variable, and symlinked the java plugin for netscape in the
OpenOffice plugin directory...
Any idea ?

Thanks,
Csaba.

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 15:07, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Start by opening OO and clicking on Tools->Options-Security. Under Security
> there will be box labeled class path. You can enter the path to the jar file
> there. Once you back out of there press F4 to get the Data Source Browser.
> Right click on the Bibliography data source. Then click on Adminstrate Data
> Sources. Click on New Data Source. In the right panel select JDBC as database
> type. Move to JDBC tab enter org.postgresql.Driver as JDBC driver class.
> Enter postgresql:database as URL (assuming database on localhost and using
> default port).Select Apply and your data source should be set up. In the left
> panel navigate the data source tree to get to tables. Open a table. In the
> right panel will be table contents. At bottom of panel there will be record
> navigation arrows (next record.last record,etc). There is also a star shaped
> icon. If this icon is yellow data entry is allowed, if it is grayed out then
> the table is read only. Hope this helps.
>
> On Monday 17 March 2003 01:08 am, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > Adrian,
> >
> > Can you tell me how to recreate this problem. I am OpenOffice
> > challenged.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 22:02, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > > Programs used;
> > >     OpenOffice 1.01
> > >     SuSE 8.1
> > >     Java 1.3.1
> > >     Postgres 7.3.2
> > > I compiled the JDBC driver from the source included with Postgresql 7.3.2
> > > and I set up  OpenOffice to use the driver. The problem is that while I
> > > can open and move through the tables I do not have write capabilities.
> > > The tables have primary keys and the driver sees them. Any help would be
> > > greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > >     Thank you
> > >     Adrian Klaver
> > >     aklaver@attbi.com

Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
I'm using RedHat 8, and found the following:
http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/index.html#javaredhat
Might apply to you too... I didn't try it out though.

HTH,
Csaba.

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 17:25, David Booth wrote:
> I have had exactly the same situation for some time now and have not found a
> solution.  According to the OO setup, java is installed correctly, but when I
> try to use a JDBC connection, I get the "No Java installed!" message.  If you
> figure it out let me know what the fix is.
>

> On Monday 17 March 2003 09:56 am, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> > Cool instructions !
> > But I still get an error message: "No Java installed !" when I try to
> > connect...
> > I have no clue how to overcome this. I have java in the path, set the
> > JAVA_HOME variable, and symlinked the java plugin for netscape in the
> > OpenOffice plugin directory...
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Csaba.
> >
> > On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 15:07, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > > Start by opening OO and clicking on Tools->Options-Security. Under
> > > Security there will be box labeled class path. You can enter the path to
> > > the jar file there. Once you back out of there press F4 to get the Data
> > > Source Browser. Right click on the Bibliography data source. Then click
> > > on Adminstrate Data Sources. Click on New Data Source. In the right panel
> > > select JDBC as database type. Move to JDBC tab enter
> > > org.postgresql.Driver as JDBC driver class. Enter postgresql:database as
> > > URL (assuming database on localhost and using default port).Select Apply
> > > and your data source should be set up. In the left panel navigate the
> > > data source tree to get to tables. Open a table. In the right panel will
> > > be table contents. At bottom of panel there will be record navigation
> > > arrows (next record.last record,etc). There is also a star shaped icon.
> > > If this icon is yellow data entry is allowed, if it is grayed out then
> > > the table is read only. Hope this helps.

> > > TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
> > >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2

От
Dave Cramer