Обсуждение: bytea column support (Postgresql 7.1.3)

bytea column support (Postgresql 7.1.3)

От
"Ed Yu"
Дата:
Hi all,
I'm interested in implementing the column type bytea (bytes[]) support since
Apache Turbine would like to use Postgresql and I might use it at work, can
any one suggest an overall strategy (which files to look at like
Connection.java, Field.java, etc...). Or it is going to be supported in 7.2?
I'm pretty new to the Postgresql JDBC driver code except a little patch here
and there.

Re: bytea column support (Postgresql 7.1.3)

От
"Ed Yu"
Дата:
I don't have access to 7.2 code, is bytea supported in the JDBC driver in
7.2?

> As far as I know, bytea is already supported. Barry has done
> considerable work getting this to work. However I do know that there is
> a hack that may need to be done to get it to work with Turbine. Can you
> give me some details?
>
> Dave

"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
The 7.2 driver will work with a 7.1 database, let me know if it works.
You can download the driver from jdbc.postgresql.org

Dave

I don't have access to 7.2 code, is bytea supported in the JDBC driver
in 7.2?

> As far as I know, bytea is already supported. Barry has done
> considerable work getting this to work. However I do know that there
> is a hack that may need to be done to get it to work with Turbine. Can

> you give me some details?
>
> Dave

Дата:
Ed,

As far as I know, bytea is already supported. Barry has done
considerable work getting this to work. However I do know that there is
a hack that may need to be done to get it to work with Turbine. Can you
give me some details?

Dave

I'm interested in implementing the column type bytea (bytes[]) support
since Apache Turbine would like to use Postgresql and I might use it at
work, can any one suggest an overall strategy (which files to look at
like Connection.java, Field.java, etc...). Or it is going to be
supported in 7.2? I'm pretty new to the Postgresql JDBC driver code
except a little patch here and there.

Re: bytea column support (Postgresql 7.1.3)

От
"Ed Yu"
Дата:
I wasn't quite sure either. Barry also told me that it was fixed for 7.2. I
was reading it from the JDBC compliance page (which probably needs to be
updated):

http://lab.applinet.nl/postgresql-jdbc/