Обсуждение: TIMESTAMP

TIMESTAMP

От
David Siebert
Дата:
I am having problems with getTimestamp.
I keep getting an invalid format error.
I am using the latest JDBC driver.
Help please. I have searched the arcives and I have
found others seem to have the same issue but none of
the fixes provided seemed to work.

http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
"Thomas O'Dowd"
Дата:
Can you post a sample of your code that reproduces the problem. What
timezone are you in? I think there is a problem with some timezones
which are on the half hour. Can you post the exception you get also.

Tom.

--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@nooper.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
David Siebert
Дата:
--- Thomas O'Dowd <tom@nooper.com> wrote:
> Can you post a sample of your code that reproduces
> the problem. What
> timezone are you in? I think there is a problem with
> some timezones
> which are on the half hour. Can you post the
> exception you get also.
>
> Tom.
>
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 02:15:39PM -0700, David
> Siebert wrote:
> > I am having problems with getTimestamp.
> > I keep getting an invalid format error.
> > I am using the latest JDBC driver.
> > Help please. I have searched the arcives and I
> have
> > found others seem to have the same issue but none
> of
> > the fixes provided seemed to work.

> > Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any
> phone.
> > http://phone.yahoo.com
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

> Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
> tom@nooper.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs

http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
David,

Can you specify the exact error you are getting? along with the database
version, jdbc version and java version you are running?  Also a test
case that demonstrates the problem would be very helpful as well.

thanks,
--Barry

David Siebert wrote:

> I am having problems with getTimestamp.
> I keep getting an invalid format error.
> I am using the latest JDBC driver.
> Help please. I have searched the arcives and I have
> found others seem to have the same issue but none of
> the fixes provided seemed to work.

> http://phone.yahoo.com

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
David Siebert
Дата:
It looks as if I blew it when I cut and pasted it.
Lets try again.
This is the error message.

Phone Call PhoneCall(Rs) en:0 Bad Timestamp Format at
19 in 2001-10-01 15:20:06.66-05

and this is the method that generates it.

public PhoneCall(ResultSet rs) {
    int errori=0;
    try {
           m_sCaller=rs.getString("scaller");
           m_sPhone=rs.getString("sphone");
           m_sPhone2=rs.getString("sphone2");
           m_sQuedBy=rs.getString("squedby");
           m_iPri=rs.getInt("ipri");
           m_iStatus=rs.getInt("istatus");
           m_sFor=rs.getString("sfor");
           m_sNotes= rs.getString("snotes");
           m_objPlacedDate =
rs.getTimestamp("dplaceddate");
           errori++;
           m_objTakenDate =
rs.getTimestamp("dtakendate");
           errori++;
           m_objResDate =
rs.getTimestamp("dresdate");
           errori++;
           m_iResolution = rs.getInt("iresolution");
           m_iReQues = rs.getInt("ireques");
        } catch (Exception ex){
            System.err.println("Phone Call
PhoneCall(Rs) en:"+errori+" "+ex.toString());
        }
    }

http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
OK, this is a known bug.  It should be fixed in current sources.  Try
using the 7.2 driver from the jdbc.postgresql.org website and see if
that works correctly for you.  If you search the email archives you can
find a discussion on this bug.

thanks,
--Barry

David Siebert wrote:

> It looks as if I blew it when I cut and pasted it.
> Lets try again.
> This is the error message.
>
> Phone Call PhoneCall(Rs) en:0 Bad Timestamp Format at
> 19 in 2001-10-01 15:20:06.66-05
>
> and this is the method that generates it.
>

> public PhoneCall(ResultSet rs) {
>     int errori=0;
>     try {
>            m_sCaller=rs.getString("scaller");
>            m_sPhone=rs.getString("sphone");
>            m_sPhone2=rs.getString("sphone2");
>            m_sQuedBy=rs.getString("squedby");
>            m_iPri=rs.getInt("ipri");
>            m_iStatus=rs.getInt("istatus");
>            m_sFor=rs.getString("sfor");
>            m_sNotes= rs.getString("snotes");
>            m_objPlacedDate =
> rs.getTimestamp("dplaceddate");
>            errori++;
>            m_objTakenDate =
> rs.getTimestamp("dtakendate");
>            errori++;
>            m_objResDate =
> rs.getTimestamp("dresdate");
>            errori++;
>            m_iResolution = rs.getInt("iresolution");
>            m_iReQues = rs.getInt("ireques");
>         } catch (Exception ex){
>             System.err.println("Phone Call
> PhoneCall(Rs) en:"+errori+" "+ex.toString());
>         }
>     }

> http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: TIMESTAMP

От
David Siebert
Дата:
If you mean the 7.2 beta jdbc driver then I am using
it and I still get the same error.
Do I need to clear the database?
The version of postgres seems old 6.5.2 is the
reported version. Any idea how to update it. I am
running it on Suse 7.1 And I am not all that hot in
Linux. "Yes I know it is off subject" I condsider it a
tribute to PostgreSQL and Suse that I have gotten as
far as I have.