Обсуждение: default fetch size

default fetch size

От
"Dave Thompson"
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm doing some research into tightly coupling data mining applications to
PostgreSQL, and have a couple of questions:

1) What's the default fetch size set by the jdbc driver (jdbc7.0-1.2.jar)?

2) Is there any way to change this other than by editing the source code?
The setFetchSize and getFetchSize methods are not supported.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Thompson.
Research Student.
University of Manchester, England.
dave@freeflyer.co.uk

Re: default fetch size

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Dave,

The protocol for the clients to talk with the backend server doesn't
support the concept of a fetch size.  When a query is executed it's
entire result is sent to the client.  (You can explicitly work around
this by using cursors see the DECLARE and FETCH sql commands).

thanks,
--Barry