Обсуждение: postgresql ID

postgresql ID

От
Luís Henriques
Дата:
Hi! I'm working in a java application that will used a database, but I'm
trying to support a couple of different DBMS (postgres, oracle, ...). My
question is: Is there a way to be sure that the database that the application
is using in a specific moment is really a postgres database?

Thanks!

Re: postgresql ID

От
Rene Pijlman
Дата:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:13:12 +0100, you wrote:
>Is there a way to be sure that the database that the application
>is using in a specific moment is really a postgres database?

DatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseProductName() returns "PostgreSQL".

I can't guarantee that other products won't do the same though
:-)

Regards,
René Pijlman