Обсуждение: DatabaseMetaData.supportsCatalogsInXXX()

DatabaseMetaData.supportsCatalogsInXXX()

От
jason@netspade.com
Дата:
Hi,

Should

boolean supportsCatalogsInTableDefinitions()
boolean supportsCatalogsInIndexDefinitions()
boolean supportsCatalogsInPrivilegeDefinitions()

return true? They all return false at the moment. I think catalogs need to be sorted out - Connection.getCatalog()
shouldalso be implemented.

Another thing is would it be possible to support a jdbc:postgresql://host URL i.e. without a database specified? Is
alwayspossible to connect to template1? This is not essential but might make things easier to use if people just want
tolist available databases.

Thanks,
Jason

alternative jdbc

От
Tony Grant
Дата:
Hello,

I've been intrigued by the various alternative JDBC drivers on
sourceforge for postgreSQL.

Are any of them more compliant/better/feature packed than the one
shipped in the distribution?

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html

RE: alternative jdbc

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Tony,

Can you send links, I wasn't aware there were any others?

Dave

I've been intrigued by the various alternative JDBC drivers on
sourceforge for postgreSQL.

Are any of them more compliant/better/feature packed than the one
shipped in the distribution?

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html
Macromedia UltraDev with PostgreSQL
http://www.animaproductions.com/ultra.html

RE: alternative jdbc

От
Tony Grant
Дата:
On 13 Jul 2001 10:19:08 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Can you send links, I wasn't aware there were any others?

OK the second one I sent is someones pipe dream with no substance...

Cheers

Tony

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html
Macromedia UltraDev with PostgreSQL
http://www.animaproductions.com/ultra.html

RE: alternative jdbc

От
Tony Grant
Дата:
On 13 Jul 2001 10:19:08 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Can you send links, I wasn't aware there were any others?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jxdbcon/

seems to have files

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jpsql/

Can't get at the docs for the moment

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html
Macromedia UltraDev with PostgreSQL
http://www.animaproductions.com/ultra.html

RE: alternative jdbc

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Tony,

This is great, I will download it and test it when I get a chance

Dave

On 13 Jul 2001 10:19:08 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Can you send links, I wasn't aware there were any others?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jxdbcon/

seems to have files

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jpsql/

Can't get at the docs for the moment

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html
Macromedia UltraDev with PostgreSQL
http://www.animaproductions.com/ultra.html

Re: DatabaseMetaData.supportsCatalogsInXXX()

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
jason@netspade.com writes:

> Should
>
> boolean supportsCatalogsInTableDefinitions()
> boolean supportsCatalogsInIndexDefinitions()
> boolean supportsCatalogsInPrivilegeDefinitions()
>
> return true?

No.

> Another thing is would it be possible to support a
> jdbc:postgresql://host URL i.e. without a database specified? Is
> always possible to connect to template1? This is not essential but
> might make things easier to use if people just want to list available
> databases.

I think this would confuse people.