Обсуждение: getScale() and getPrecision()

getScale() and getPrecision()

От
"David Esposito"
Дата:
Is there a reason that getScale() and getPrecision() both return zero for
NUMERIC fields? It seems like this shouldn't be the case. In the example
fields below (generated by doing a \d on the table), it would seem like the
getScale and Precision methods should return the numbers contained in the
parentheses.

Or at least that's how the docs seem to read and that's how Oracle does it
too ... ;)

 catalog_item_id                | numeric(11,0)            | not null
 catalog_item_category_id       | numeric(11,0)            | not null
 catalog_item_manufacturer_no   | character varying(20)    |
 catalog_item_manufacturer_url  | character varying(50)    |
 catalog_item_retail_price      | numeric(11,2)            | not null
 catalog_item_member_price      | numeric(11,2)            | not null
 catalog_item_sellable          | numeric(1,0)             | not null

-Dave

getScale() and getPrecision() patch

От
"David Esposito"
Дата:
With a little bit of hacking, I figured out the internal representation that
PostGreSQL uses for its precision and scale values ... here's the diff for
the patch:

\postgresql-7.1\src\interfaces\jdbc\org\postgresql\jdbc2\ResultSetMetaData.j
ava

[root@TIMDA1 postgresbugfix]# diff ResultSetMetaData.java
ResultSetMetaData.java-original
288,293d287
<       case Types.NUMERIC:
<       Field f = getField(column);
<       if(f != null)
<               return ((0xFFFF0000)&f.mod)>>16;
<       else
<               return 0;
325,330d318
<       case Types.NUMERIC:
<       Field f = getField(column);
<       if(f != null)
<               return (((0x0000FFFF)&f.mod)-4);
<       else
<               return 0;
[root@TIMDA1 postgresbugfix]#

Re: getScale() and getPrecision() patch

Дата:
Is it possible to get a context diff of this patch?  Thanks.