Обсуждение: serialized objects and JDBC driver

serialized objects and JDBC driver

От
Stuart Barlow
Дата:
I am attempting to serialize objects into Postgresql using the
JDBC driver. I am attempting to do this the standard way
using Object and Byte streams.

To store the object to the database in a text (blob) field I use the
following code to turn my object into a byte[].

             // create the serialized object and store in the database
             EncryptionInfo serObj = new EncryptionInfo(32, 32);
             ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
             ObjectOutputStream p = new ObjectOutputStream(bos);
                 p.writeObject(serObj);
                 p.flush();
             byte[] data = bos.toByteArray();

This seems to go into the database with no errors.
However when I retieeve the data using the following code...

ByteArrayInputStream bis = new ByteArrayInputStream(data);
         ObjectInputStream p = new ObjectInputStream(bis);
         EncryptionInfo ei = (EncryptionInfo)p.readObject();

I get the following error...
InputStream does not contain a serialized object

Thanks.
Stuart Barlow.

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. You should not otherwise copy, retransmit, use or disclose its
contents to anyone.

Re: serialized objects and JDBC driver

От
"David Wall"
Дата:
> ByteArrayInputStream bis = new ByteArrayInputStream(data);
>          ObjectInputStream p = new ObjectInputStream(bis);
>          EncryptionInfo ei = (EncryptionInfo)p.readObject();

Are you using setBytes/getBytes in JDBC?  That's worked for me when the SQL
type is OID on 7.1beta4.

David

Re: serialized objects and JDBC driver

От
jlemcke@netspace.net.au
Дата:
It might be worth your while having a look at JSX as an alternative to standard
Java serialization. JSX serializes Java objects to XML which, being plain text,
may be easier to manage.
I haven't done any serious work with JSX yet but it seems to work well in the
trials I've done.

Check out http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~bren/JSX/

Have Fun,
John L.