Обсуждение: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi,

Is PL/Java available for Debian Etch AMD64 as an installable package?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Is PL/Java available for Debian Etch AMD64 as an installable package?

PL/Java 1.1.0 does not compile with PostgreSQL 8.1, and PL/Java 1.2.0
does not build or run with GCJ, so PL/Java with PostgreSQL 8.1 in
Debian won't happen for a while yet.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi Peter,

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 21:44 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> > Is PL/Java available for Debian Etch AMD64 as an installable package?
>
> PL/Java 1.1.0 does not compile with PostgreSQL 8.1, and PL/Java 1.2.0
> does not build or run with GCJ, so PL/Java with PostgreSQL 8.1 in
> Debian won't happen for a while yet.
Can you give me any insight in whether this a *fundamental* GJC /
PL/Java problem or just something no one seriously has looked into?

I really need a mechanisme to call into a (JBoss) EJB container while executing a trigger.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Can you give me any insight in whether this a *fundamental* GJC /
> PL/Java problem or just something no one seriously has looked into?

See pljava bugs 1479 and 1480.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi Peter,

In an attempt to get it working /look into the problem I have build the
library / jar files.

If I run the install script I get the following error message:

ERROR:  could not load library
"/home/jkr/src/pljava/pljava-1.2.0/build/objs/libpljava.so": libjvm.so:

Is this about not finding libpljava or not finding libjvm?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi Peter,

> ERROR:  could not load library
> "/home/jkr/src/pljava/pljava-1.2.0/build/objs/libpljava.so": libjvm.so:
To answer myself: it was the libjvm.so that could not be found.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: PL/Java for Debian Etch AMD64 / PostgreSQL 8.1?

Дата:
Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> ERROR:  could not load library
> "/home/jkr/src/pljava/pljava-1.2.0/build/objs/libpljava.so": libjvm.so:

> Is this about not finding libpljava or not finding libjvm?

Looks to me like it's complaining it can't find libjvm.so.
        regards, tom lane