Обсуждение: How to retrieve how many rows are affected after doing an INSERT statement

How to retrieve how many rows are affected after doing an INSERT statement

От
jing han
Дата:
Hello,

When we use PostgreSQL with Perl, we can retrieve
Error messages from database handler, say, if my
database handler is presented as $dbh, then I use
$dbh->errstr() can get error message like:

ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
a_dbtable_pkey.

Is there a way to retriever from $dbh how many rows
are affected after doing an insert statement, and how
to present this?

I tried $dbh->rowcount(), it doesn't work, So what's
the exact expression?

Any help will be appreciated.

jing

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Re: How to retrieve how many rows are affected after doing an INSERT statement

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:41:24AM -0700, jing han wrote:

> Is there a way to retriever from $dbh how many rows
> are affected after doing an insert statement, and how
> to present this?

See the DBI documentation (e.g., "perldoc DBI") and search for
"rows" or "number of rows".

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: How to retrieve how many rows are affected after doing an INSERT statement

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата: