Обсуждение: installation/verification of pgtcl libraries

installation/verification of pgtcl libraries

От
"Nolte, Ronald C."
Дата:
Good morning,
I am porting my application from Unix/Linux to Windows (NT, 2000) and need
to use postgres with tcl extension library.

Is there a good location to obtain both/either of these?

The only postgres I found at this point is some beta version, however, it
tells me that it cannot find the pgtcl libraries or some library it
references. Is there an env variable I am missing?

Any help in this capacity would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ronald C. Nolte
Sr. Software Engineer, SAIC
1710 SAIC Drive, Suite 300
McLean, VA 22102
nolter@saic.com
Office: (703) 676-2018
Fax:    (703) 893-3084

Re: installation/verification of pgtcl libraries

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
If you just need the libraries, check out

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtclng/
and
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtcl/

If you need a full blown version of PostgreSQL then you'll need to either get
a commercial version of PostgreSQL, install Cygwin, or wait until 7.5, which
is when we plan to offer native win32 support standard.

HTH

Robert Treat

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 09:25, Nolte, Ronald C. wrote:
> Good morning,
> I am porting my application from Unix/Linux to Windows (NT, 2000) and need
> to use postgres with tcl extension library.
>
> Is there a good location to obtain both/either of these?
>
> The only postgres I found at this point is some beta version, however, it
> tells me that it cannot find the pgtcl libraries or some library it
> references. Is there an env variable I am missing?
>
> Any help in this capacity would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Ronald C. Nolte
> Sr. Software Engineer, SAIC
> 1710 SAIC Drive, Suite 300
> McLean, VA 22102
> nolter@saic.com
> Office: (703) 676-2018
> Fax:    (703) 893-3084

Re: installation/verification of pgtcl libraries

От
L J Bayuk
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:

> If you just need the libraries, check out
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtclng/
> and

Also http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgintcl/
This is a pure-Tcl implementation of the interface, so you don't need to
compile anything or deal with DLLs. But it's slower and less feature-full
than pgtclng. It has been tested on Windows NT and 2000.