Обсуждение: libpqxx

libpqxx

От
"Julie Russell"
Дата:
Hi Everyone,

I have migrated to libpqxx which seems to fix up all the errors I was
getting from libpq++. However, the class I implemented the database stuff in
compiles fine, but as soon as I include that class in another class it gives
me compiler errors from deep in libpqxx.

Following is the some of the type of output I'm getting:

In file included from DatabaseHandler.h:22,
from Scheduler.h:32,
from Scheduler.cpp:17:
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:185: error: extraneous `int' ignored
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:185: error: parse error before `)' token
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h: In member function `const char*
pqxx::Connection::DbName() const':
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:128: error: `m_Conn' undeclared (first use
this
function)
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
/usr/include/pqxx/connection.h: In member function `const char*
pqxx::Connection::Options() const':

I assuming that it's a C/C++ compatibility problem, however I am so new to
both languages, I am not sure. Has anyone come across this before? Any
suggestions on how to fix it?

Regards,
Julie.

Re: libpqxx

От
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:25:05AM +1100, Julie Russell wrote:

> /usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:185: error: extraneous `int' ignored
> /usr/include/pqxx/connection.h:185: error: parse error before `)' token

Looks like you're using an outdated version...  Have you looked at the
2.0 release?  See http://pqxx.tk/ (slightly easier than looking it up
at GBorg).

Out of interest, which version were you using and where did you get it
from?  Because I don't recall ever seeing this problem before with 1.5.1,
which has been the stable release for many months and is still fairly
widely used AFAIK.

Jeroen

Re: libpqxx

От
"Julie Russell"
Дата:
Hi there,

I downloaded libpqxx-2.0.0 from
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/download/download.php

I implemented the code in class DatabaseHandler which compiles fine, but as
soon as I #include "DatabaseHandler.h" in any other class, it pulls up
compiler errors from libpqxx. I do have #ifdefs so the header shouldn't be
included twice... Any ideas?

Cheers,
Julie.

Re: libpqxx

От
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:42:28AM +1100, Julie Russell wrote:

> I downloaded libpqxx-2.0.0 from
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/download/download.php

That ought to be fine...  Did you include <pqxx/connection> or the now
deprecated <pqxx/connection.h>?  (Note the notice at the top of the .h
file).  OTOH, I've still got the cursor and cachedresult in there which
also compiles fine using the older .h headers!

Oh, did you remember to run the configure script before building, like
the README says?  Are you running on a Unix-like system?

> I implemented the code in class DatabaseHandler which compiles fine, but as
> soon as I #include "DatabaseHandler.h" in any other class, it pulls up
> compiler errors from libpqxx. I do have #ifdefs so the header shouldn't be
> included twice... Any ideas?

Shouldn't be needed.  The header files without the .h or .hxx filename
suffix will protect themselves against multiple inclusion.

If there's no legal problem or anything like that, I'd like to take a
look at your class and see if I can reproduce the problem.  It'd also
make the search a lot easier...  I'd probably just need the headers and
the exact sequence in which you include them.  Right now I just haven't
got a lot to go on!

Jeroen