Обсуждение: Using DBD::Pg CVS with 7.4Devel

Using DBD::Pg CVS with 7.4Devel

От
GB Clark
Дата:
Hello,

I tried to get DBD::Pg CVS running with 7.4Devel and ran into
two problems.

1. It looks like array is now a reserved keyword.  Neither
of the developers docs show it reserved.  Should they be updated
to reflect this, or is there another problem?

2. It also looks like pg_index no longer has a field name
called indproc.  Nor can I find any info on functional indexes in
the developer docs.

After I modified 01setup.t/17arrays.t to change array to testarray
and modified 15func.t to delete the reference to i.indproc, all tests
were passed.

It might be missing functionality, but it looks like the latest CVS
works OK with 7.4Devel

Maybe time for another release (with the above changes?).

GB
--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek           CTHULU for President - Why choose the lesser of two evils?

Re: Using DBD::Pg CVS with 7.4Devel

От
Joe Conway
GB Clark wrote:
> I tried to get DBD::Pg CVS running with 7.4Devel and ran into
> two problems.
>
> 1. It looks like array is now a reserved keyword.  Neither
> of the developers docs show it reserved.  Should they be updated
> to reflect this, or is there another problem?

That's my bad. I owe a documentation update for the array changes that
have been committed. Array is a SQL99 keyword, and making it fully
reserved was the only way to get the grammar to work out -- or at least
I couldn't figure out how to make it less reserved.

Joe

Re: Using DBD::Pg CVS with 7.4Devel

От
greg@turnstep.com