Обсуждение: Interface update for 7.3

Interface update for 7.3

Дата:
I have worked on several gborg projects migrated from our CVS tree, and
all but one have new packaged releases, ready for 7.3:
libpq++pgeasypgperl

I am working with David Wheeler on DBD:pg and hope to have a release
packaged up tomorrow.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
"Jason E. Stewart"
Дата:
"Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:

> I am working with David Wheeler on DBD:pg and hope to have a release
> packaged up tomorrow.

Bruce, David,

I'm updating all the test scripts to properly use the standard DBI
testing env vars, e.g. DBI_DSN, DBI_USER, DBI_PASS, and to use
Test::More.

I've finished and committed half of them, I'll let you know when I'm
done.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
"Jason E. Stewart"
Дата:
"Jason E. Stewart" <jason@openinformatics.com> writes:

> "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>
> > I am working with David Wheeler on DBD:pg and hope to have a release
> > packaged up tomorrow.
>
> Bruce, David,
>
> I'm updating all the test scripts to properly use the standard DBI
> testing env vars, e.g. DBI_DSN, DBI_USER, DBI_PASS, and to use
> Test::More.
>
> I've finished and committed half of them, I'll let you know when I'm
> done.

Ok, all done. All tests now use standard DBI vars and Test::More.

All tests pass.

David, could you take a look at 11quoting.t? I'm pretty sure you wrote
this test (didn't you?). I converted the array of tests to a hash
table so that I could give them names. However, I could only give the
tests names like 'one', 'two', etc. Perhaps you can think of something
more descriptive.

The names are a really nice feature of Test::More. When you run the
test files individually it prints out:
 1..8 ok 1 - connect with transaction ok 2 - three: \ -> expected '\134' got '\134' ok 3 - five: \'?: -> expected
'\134\047?:'got '\134\047?:' ok 4 - one: ' -> expected '\047' got '\047' ok 5 - two: '' -> expected '\047\047' got
'\047\047'ok 6 - four: \' -> expected '\134\047' got '\134\047' ok 7 - SQL_BINARY ok 8 - disconnect

So that you can find a test by name when it fails.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
David Wheeler
Дата:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 01:15  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> I'm updating all the test scripts to properly use the standard DBI
> testing env vars, e.g. DBI_DSN, DBI_USER, DBI_PASS, and to use
> Test::More.

I love Test::More and use it for all of my projects, but I'm not sure
we should use it for DBD::Pg, if for no other reason than that DBI
doesn't use it. Test.pm will be adequate.

OTOH, if everybody says, screw it, use Test::More, then I'm all for it.

David

Note: Removed pgsql-hackers and added dbi-dev to recipients as that
seems more appropriate for the continuation of this thread.

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber:
Theory@jabber.org

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
David Wheeler
Дата:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 02:46  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> David, could you take a look at 11quoting.t? I'm pretty sure you wrote
> this test (didn't you?). I converted the array of tests to a hash
> table so that I could give them names. However, I could only give the
> tests names like 'one', 'two', etc. Perhaps you can think of something
> more descriptive.

No, I didn't write it. I just added the test to make sure that
SQL_BINARY threw an exception.

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber:
Theory@jabber.org

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
David Wheeler
Дата:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 02:46  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> Ok, all done. All tests now use standard DBI vars and Test::More.
>
> All tests pass.

Uh, what happened to t/10transition.t?

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber:
Theory@jabber.org

Re: [HACKERS] Interface update for 7.3

От
David Wheeler
Дата:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 02:46  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> The names are a really nice feature of Test::More. When you run the
> test files individually it prints out:

Recent versions of Test.pm support names, too, IIRC.

David

PS: Sorry for three replies to the same message -- I'm not quite awake
yet!

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber:
Theory@jabber.org

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
"Jason E. Stewart"
Дата:
"David Wheeler" <david@wheeler.net> writes:

> On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 02:46  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
>
> > Ok, all done. All tests now use standard DBI vars and Test::More.
> >
> > All tests pass.
>
> Uh, what happened to t/10transition.t?

I deleted it. Perhaps I was mistaken, but the tests it contained were
all duplicates of things in t/08txn.t

Was I mistaken? Is there some reason to keep it?

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
David Wheeler
Дата:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 08:09  AM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> I deleted it. Perhaps I was mistaken, but the tests it contained were
> all duplicates of things in t/08txn.t

Oh, okay.

> Was I mistaken? Is there some reason to keep it?

Dunno. I never looked at 'em.

Would you update MANIFEST when you do stuff like this in the future?

Also, what's the story with the ChangeLog file you've added?

Thanks

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber:
Theory@jabber.org

Re: Interface update for 7.3

От
"Thomas A. Lowery"
Дата:
Most of the tests for DBD::ADO and DBI::Shell uses Test::More.

--
Thomas A. Lowery
See DBI/FAQ http://xmlproj.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/fom