Обсуждение: pgaccess logo

pgaccess logo

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
Hello,

The last two days I've been thinking of pgaccess logo.

I have two ideas in my head -

1] An elephant on a ball - one of these huge balls. The idea is that
pgaccess (the ball) is something the elephant (PostgreSQL) can step on and
balance on.

2] And elephant with one of these houses put on their backs in India. The
ideas is that pgaccess (the house) is something nice and comfortable on the
back of the elephant (PostgreSQL).

In both cases I imagine it in two colours - black lines and purple (is this
the PostgreSQL colour?) fill.

What would you think? I can only imagine it - not draw it. I hope your
imagination can help you :) Does anybody else has another idea?

Thanks,

Iavor

--
www.pgaccess.org

Re: pgaccess logo

От
Edward Pilipczuk
Дата:
Iavor Raytchev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The last two days I've been thinking of pgaccess logo.
>
> I have two ideas in my head -
>
> 1] An elephant on a ball - one of these huge balls. The idea is that
> pgaccess (the ball) is something the elephant (PostgreSQL) can step on and
> balance on.

Why ball?

My idea is the light-blue-grey elephant is to be rectangular packaged into
frame of some table.

Other idea can be the hand grabbing fetching accessing (more synonymus?)
ear (or nose ;-)))) of the elephant.

> 2] And elephant with one of these houses put on their backs in India. The
> ideas is that pgaccess (the house) is something nice and comfortable on the
> back of the elephant (PostgreSQL).

Claustrophobia ... ;-)

> In both cases I imagine it in two colours - black lines and purple (is this
> the PostgreSQL colour?) fill.
>
> What would you think? I can only imagine it - not draw it. I hope your
> imagination can help you :) Does anybody else has another idea?

Edward

Re: pgaccess logo

От
"Andreas Kretzer"
Дата:
On 12.07.2002 at 08:34 Edward Pilipczuk wrote:

>Iavor Raytchev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The last two days I've been thinking of pgaccess logo.
>>
>> I have two ideas in my head -
>>
>> 1] An elephant on a ball - one of these huge balls. The idea is that
>> pgaccess (the ball) is something the elephant (PostgreSQL) can step on
>and
>> balance on.
>
>Why ball?
>
>My idea is the light-blue-grey elephant is to be rectangular packaged into
>frame of some table.
>
>Other idea can be the hand grabbing fetching accessing (more synonymus?)
>ear (or nose ;-)))) of the elephant.
>

>> 2] And elephant with one of these houses put on their backs in India. The
>> ideas is that pgaccess (the house) is something nice and comfortable on
>the
>> back of the elephant (PostgreSQL).
>
>Claustrophobia ... ;-)
>

>> In both cases I imagine it in two colours - black lines and purple (is
>this
>> the PostgreSQL colour?) fill.
>>
>> What would you think? I can only imagine it - not draw it. I hope your
>> imagination can help you :) Does anybody else has another idea?

The emphasis in 'pgaccess' is on the _access_. The usual symbol
could be a key (even Micro$oft (R) had this idea :-).
So what about an elephant with key on the side (the elephant should
turn his head so that we can see both the head and the body)?

Andreas

Re: CASE like tool .....

От
Andres Ledesma
Дата:
I wonder what about developing a graphic interface but including analisis &
design posibilities like a CASE... kind of ERWIN....RRose or something of a
kind ......

Would like to know what interfaces people thinks about ?

Andres

Re: pgaccess logo

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
The pgaccess logo ideas have been summarized here -

http://www.pgaccess.org/?page=3&sub=1

I found somebody who will try to make sketches based on that. More ideas
are welcome.

When we have some ideas and sketches - we can do some voting and if
nobody is happy - ask for more ideas or drop the logo project for more
inspiring times.