Обсуждение: help with programming

help with programming

От
Chris Hayner
Дата:
hello all,
as (I think) shown on the libpq - C library page of the documentation, I
attempetd to connedt over ssl to a correctly compiled 7.1 database. Here
is the connection portion of my code:

PGconn          *conn;

       /* make a connection to the database */       conn = PQconnectdb( "host=shelob.temple.edu dbname=ldap_backend
user=usrrequiressl=1");

when run, the program dies with the following :

ERROR: Unknown conninfo option 'requiressl'

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
--chris hayner

Re: help with programming

От
Chris Hayner
Дата:
pgsql was compiled with ssl, and the backend is run with the -l option. i
successfully configured the keys with openssl, as it would not run without
me doing so. i took this as a successful SSL integration.. it was also
configured with odbc and with gnu ld. which config files
are you looking for, and are there mods that need to be done that i am not
aware of?

thanx in advance,
--chris hayner

On Wed, 16 May 2001,  wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did you compile pgsql with ssl support and/or adjust the configuration?
> Just a thought. Usually if you get a message like this, it does not know the library is there or it is not installed.
Check
> your debug log from configure and see if it had a problem finding this library. It would be helpful to know the
configure
> flags, how pgsql was installed, and get a copy of your config files(with sensitive info, IP's etc, removed: ).
> thx,
> Neil

;Tue,

> 15 May 2001 16:32:10 -0400 (EDT)
> From pgsql-interfaces-owner Wed May 16 14:06:25 2001
> Sender: pgsql-interfaces-owner@postgresql.org
> hello all,
> as (I think) shown on the libpq - C library page of the documentation, I
> attempetd to connedt over ssl to a correctly compiled 7.1 database. Here
> is the connection portion of my code:
> PGconn *conn;
> /* make a connection to the database */
> conn = PQconnectdb( "host=shelob.temple.edu dbname=ldap_backend user=usr requiressl=1");
> when run, the program dies with the following :
> ERROR: Unknown conninfo option 'requiressl'
> any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks in advance,
> --chris hayner
> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: help with programming

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Chris Hayner writes:

> ERROR: Unknown conninfo option 'requiressl'

Be sure that your program is picking up the right libpq.  Try 'ldd
yourprog' to see which one it uses.  Maybe you have some other version
without SSL support lying around.