Обсуждение: MS Windows libpq++

MS Windows libpq++

От
"Horst Herb"
Дата:
what exactly do I need to build a libpq++ equivalent on MS Windows and Macs?
My software runs nicely on Linux, but I have to port it now.

Horst

Re: MS Windows libpq++

От
"J. T. Vermeulen"
Дата:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Horst Herb wrote:

> > I don't expect libpq++ *itself* would give you much trouble--the real
> issue
> > is porting libpq, and that could be hard...
>
> Why? I have got a libpq.dll / libpq++.dll (and .a) running on Windows. It
> comes with PgAdmin for example.
My fault.  I was thinking of the Mac side.

Jeroen

Re: MS Windows libpq++

От
"Horst Herb"
Дата:
> > what exactly do I need to build a libpq++ equivalent on MS Windows and
Macs?
> > My software runs nicely on Linux, but I have to port it now.
>
> I don't expect libpq++ *itself* would give you much trouble--the real
issue
> is porting libpq, and that could be hard...

Why? I have got a libpq.dll / libpq++.dll (and .a) running on Windows. It
comes with PgAdmin for example.

All I want is some instructions how to build it myself on Windows with the
mingw or cygwin compiler in order to do the same on the Macs.

I can compile the whole Postgres source on Windows with cygwin, and I could
figure it out slowly by looking at the source and finding out the
dependencies. I just thought why waste hours (maybe sdays?) on this if
somebody could answer it in a minute (or point me to the right documentation
to read).

Horst
Horst

Re: MS Windows libpq++

От
"J. T. Vermeulen"
Дата:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Horst Herb wrote:

> what exactly do I need to build a libpq++ equivalent on MS Windows and Macs?
> My software runs nicely on Linux, but I have to port it now.

I don't expect libpq++ *itself* would give you much trouble--the real issue
is porting libpq, and that could be hard...

Jeroen

Re: MS Windows libpq++

От
liam
Дата:
At 2:45 PM +0200 4/26/01, J. T. Vermeulen wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Horst Herb wrote:

> what exactly do I need to build a libpq++ equivalent on MS Windows and Macs?
> My software runs nicely on Linux, but I have to port it now.

I don't expect libpq++ *itself* would give you much trouble--the real issue
is porting libpq, and that could be hard...

To the Mac? It can be done. I've done most of it. At least to the point where I can connect and get results. No authentication though.

What you need is the GUSI project and the STLPort.
the GUSI project:
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~neeri/macintosh.html
and the STLPort:
 http://www.stlport.org/download.shtml

--
Later . . . 'liam

allenwc@home.com
William C Allen, BLS, EET

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others"
At least I /have/ a purpose!