Обсуждение: can't start pgaccess

can't start pgaccess

От
Oleg Lebedev
Дата:
Hello,
I installed pgaccess-0.98.7, but I get the following error message when
I try to start it:
Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory   while executing
"load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"   (procedure "main" line 3)   invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"   (file "main.tcl" line 249)

Long time ago I was able to solve this problem by putting a symbolic
link in pgaccess/lib/ directory to
postgresql/src/interfaces/libpgtcl/libpgtcl.so. For some reason it does
not work now.
Please help
Thanks

Oleg

Re: can't start pgaccess

Дата:
Oleg Lebedev <olebedev@waterford.org> writes:
> I installed pgaccess-0.98.7, but I get the following error message when
> I try to start it:
> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:

Very possibly, what it's failing to find is not libpgtcl.so, but
libpq.so, on which libpgtcl depends.  Check your shared library
setup (ldconfig search path and so forth).  Since you didn't say
what platform you are on, it's hard to offer specifics.  See the
Postgres Administrator's Guide for some help.
        regards, tom lane

Re: can't start pgaccess

От
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
>I installed pgaccess-0.98.7, but I get the following error message when
>I try to start it:
>Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>    while executing
>"load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"
>    (procedure "main" line 3)
>    invoked from within
>"main $argc $argv"
>    (file "main.tcl" line 249)
>
>Long time ago I was able to solve this problem by putting a symbolic
>link in pgaccess/lib/ directory to
>postgresql/src/interfaces/libpgtcl/libpgtcl.so. For some reason it does
>not work now.
>Please help
>Thanks
>
>Oleg

What did you install PostgreSQL from? If form rpms, make sure you also
install postgresqltcl and postgresqltk rpms, too.

Good luck,

Mihai