Обсуждение: First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

От
Adam Haberlach
Дата:
I could have sworn that we were splitting this list up,
to move the PHP and JDBC stuff somewhere else, but I can't
seem to find any reference to that on the web pages, so here
goes.
I've installed Jakarta Tomcat, and have it running, and
now I'm trying to get the postgres jdbc drivers installed.
I think I did it right (put the files int he right place,
cast the magic server.xml incantation, and now when I start,
I get:

FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setContextManager       at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Native Method)       at
java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java,Compiled Code)       at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.SetParent.end(XmlMapper.java,
CompiledCode)       at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchEnd(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.endElement(XmlMapper.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.endElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java,Compiled Code)       at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java,Compiled Code)       at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java,Compiled Code)       at
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java,Compiled Code)

Is it not finding my file, do I need better magic in the conf file,
or what?

--
Adam Haberlach            | All your base are belong to us.
adam@newsnipple.com       |

Re: First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
Quoting Adam Haberlach <adam@newsnipple.com>:

>     I could have sworn that we were splitting this list up,
> to move the PHP and JDBC stuff somewhere else, but I can't
> seem to find any reference to that on the web pages, so here
> goes.

pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org is the list. I'm cc'ing that list now.

I keep meaning to post an email about the new list to interfaces, general & sql
(as that's where JDBC stuff is still being posted).

>     I've installed Jakarta Tomcat, and have it running, and
> now I'm trying to get the postgres jdbc drivers installed.
> I think I did it right (put the files int he right place,
> cast the magic server.xml incantation, and now when I start,
> I get:
>
> FATAL: configuration error
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setContextManager

[snip]

>     Is it not finding my file, do I need better magic in the conf file,
> or what?

Not sure. I've got tomcat installed at home, but that's about it. The next step
is to add the jdbc driver.

PS: I'm writing a couple of tutorials on getting the JDBC driver to work with
both Tomcat & Jboss (an OS EJB container, with some links to tomcat), so
hopefully, time willing by the weekend I may get the same exception as you ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

Re: First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

От
Tom Albinson
Дата:
Hi Adam

I am using the JDBC driver with tomcat.
 to get to work, i put it the lib directory (of my project directory)
then when i ran build.sh it was installed in the correct place
Hope that helps

Tom

Re: First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

От
Adam Haberlach
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 10:52:51AM +0000, Tom Albinson wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> I am using the JDBC driver with tomcat.
>  to get to work, i put it the lib directory (of my project directory)
> then when i ran build.sh it was installed in the correct place
> Hope that helps

    Yeah, it looks like I was over-thinking things.  The server.xml stuff
is what you do if you want to do http authentication from the database.
I wasn't familiar enough with Java to realize that .jsp pages load
JDBC drivers directly from the big Java Namespace...pretty nifty.