Обсуждение: ...

Cassandra Stinson
Дата:
This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration: Platform:   osname=solaris, osvers=2.7,
archname=sun4-solaris  uname='sunos 5.7 generic_patch sun4u sparc sunw,ultra-1 '   hint=recommended, useposix=true,
d_sigaction=define  usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef Compiler:   cc='gcc', optimize='-O', gccversion=2.8.1
 cppflags='-I/usr/local/include'   ccflags ='-I/usr/local/include'   stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8   d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
alignbytes=8,usemymalloc=y, prototype=define Linker and Libraries:   ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
libpth=/usr/local/lib/lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib   libs=-lsocket -lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt   libc=/lib/libc.so,
so=so,useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a Dynamic Linking:   dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='
'  cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-G -L/usr/local/lib'

Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):  Built under solaris Compiled at Jun 27 1999 20:12:35 @INC:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris  /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005   .

The version of postgreSQL is v 7 and the corresponding pgsql_perl5 that came
with perl /postgreSQL.

We are getting a bus eror everytime that we run using the "use Pg;" module. In
our log file we get the message that the script header is terminating
prematurely. Is there a possibility of corruption? All other modules work fine
and we have reconfigured several times to alleviate the problem. We are
compiling origionally with gcc on a Sun system.  Would you happen to have
heard of this problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cassandra Stinson
UMSL

Re:

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
>   Platform:
>     osname=solaris, osvers=2.7, archname=sun4-solaris
>     uname='sunos 5.7 generic_patch sun4u sparc sunw,ultra-1 '
>     hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
>     usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
>   Compiler:
>     cc='gcc', optimize='-O', gccversion=2.8.1
>     cppflags='-I/usr/local/include'
>     ccflags ='-I/usr/local/include'
>     stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
>     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
>     d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
>     alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, prototype=define
>   Linker and Libraries:
>     ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
>     libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
>     libs=-lsocket -lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt
>     libc=/lib/libc.so, so=so, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
>   Dynamic Linking:
>     dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
>     cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-G -L/usr/local/lib'
>
> Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):
>   Built under solaris
>   Compiled at Jun 27 1999 20:12:35
>   @INC:
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
>     .
> The version of postgreSQL is v 7 and the corresponding pgsql_perl5 that came
> with perl /postgreSQL.
>
> We are getting a bus eror everytime that we run using the "use Pg;" module. In
> our log file we get the message that the script header is terminating
> prematurely. Is there a possibility of corruption? All other modules work fine
> and we have reconfigured several times to alleviate the problem. We are
> compiling origionally with gcc on a Sun system.  Would you happen to have
> heard of this problem?

I have not heard of this problem. I do notice that the version of gcc
you are running (2.8.x) -- or at least used for compiling the original
perl package -- is notorious for not being of the quality of the 2.7 and
2.9 releases. You might consider running a more modern compiler if
possible but I'm not sure if that is at all related to your symptoms.
                    - Thomas

Re:

От
"Jimi Thompson"
Дата:
Please refer to my post from yesterday asking that the answers to this
be added to the FAQ - the subject line is "Perl & Postgres".

It is very similar to what I went through myself recently with mod_perl,
perl, apache, and postgres.  I'd recommend compiling Perl, Postgres, the
DBD-95, and/or DBIx from scratch and not using binaries, as well.  If
you are planning to use this as a web application, I highly recommend
adding Apache Toolkit to the mix.  --->>Patch your OS to bring it
current, and it should work like a charm.  It should also at least
partially configure itself, which is bonus.  You can install mod_perl,
registry, and fastcgi from toolkit all in one fell swoop.

HTH,

Jimi

Cassandra Stinson wrote:

> This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris
>
> Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall
>
> Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
> GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.
>
> Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
> this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
> Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.
>
> Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
>   Platform:
>     osname=solaris, osvers=2.7, archname=sun4-solaris
>     uname='sunos 5.7 generic_patch sun4u sparc sunw,ultra-1 '
>     hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
>     usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
>   Compiler:
>     cc='gcc', optimize='-O', gccversion=2.8.1
>     cppflags='-I/usr/local/include'
>     ccflags ='-I/usr/local/include'
>     stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
>     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
>     d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
>     alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, prototype=define
>   Linker and Libraries:
>     ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
>     libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
>     libs=-lsocket -lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt
>     libc=/lib/libc.so, so=so, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
>   Dynamic Linking:
>     dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
>     cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-G -L/usr/local/lib'
>
> Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):
>   Built under solaris
>   Compiled at Jun 27 1999 20:12:35
>   @INC:
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
>     .
> The version of postgreSQL is v 7 and the corresponding pgsql_perl5 that came
> with perl /postgreSQL.
>
> We are getting a bus eror everytime that we run using the "use Pg;" module. In
> our log file we get the message that the script header is terminating
> prematurely. Is there a possibility of corruption? All other modules work fine
> and we have reconfigured several times to alleviate the problem. We are
> compiling origionally with gcc on a Sun system.  Would you happen to have
> heard of this problem?
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Cassandra Stinson
> UMSL