Обсуждение: StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC

StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC

От
sschembri@softhome.net
Дата:
Hello,

I am running the lastest postgreSQL on an SuSE 7.0 machine.  I have
installed the ODBC driver for Postgres and have succesfully logged and
worked on the database from a Win98 machine running Staroffice 5.2 and the
Postgres ODBC driver for Windows.

My problem is that when I use StarOffice for Linux I cannot get the
database to work.  I have installed unixODBC and installed the postgres
driver that comes with it.  I have also installed it and added it to the
system DSN, but when I try to open it using StarOffice 5.2 for LINUX on an
SuSE 7.0 machine running KDE2 I get not postgres driver in staroffice list
of ODBC Data Sources.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing.
Thanks and keep up the good work

Shaun
E-mail   sschembri@softhome.net

Re: StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
sschembri@softhome.net wrote:
> My problem is that when I use StarOffice for Linux I cannot get the
> database to work.  I have installed unixODBC and installed the postgres
> driver that comes with it.  I have also installed it and added it to the
> system DSN, but when I try to open it using StarOffice 5.2 for LINUX on an
> SuSE 7.0 machine running KDE2 I get not postgres driver in staroffice list
> of ODBC Data Sources.
> Can someone tell me what I'm missing.
> Thanks and keep up the good work

Check the www.unixODBC.org web site for more details, as it is separate
from the core PostgreSQL functionality.  The issue here is a unixODBC
one, not a PostgreSQL one. Hope you find what you need on their site!
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC

От
Andrew Nosenko
Дата:
sschembri@softhome.net wrote:
: driver that comes with it.  I have also installed it and added it to the
: system DSN, but when I try to open it using StarOffice 5.2 for LINUX on an
: SuSE 7.0 machine running KDE2 I get not postgres driver in staroffice list
: of ODBC Data Sources.

Sorry, I don't understand what you call `system DSN' and therefore my
question/assumption may be stupid :-(

Do you add PostgreSQL driver description into system wide `odbc.ini'?

If yes then check for .odbc.ini (note: file name begin from dot) in your
home directory. If this file exist then you need add description for
PostgreSQL driver into this file also (this file have priority to system
wide odbc.ini).

Another tip: check `odbcinst.ini' for "Is PostrgreSQL driver described?"
also. Driver should be described.

Yet another tip: Try connect to PostgreSQL over ODBC from some other
application: may be this is simple bug in Star Office (I don't have Star
Office installed and can't check this) in my unixODBC installation.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko    (awn@bcs.zp.ua)