Обсуждение: RE: Access 2000 and empty fields

RE: Access 2000 and empty fields

От
Dave Page

MDAC 2.5 is downloadable from www.microsoft.com/data - in fact 2.6 is also
available there but that version no longer includes the JET engine. A KB
article (I forget the number) says you can download JET seperately but I've
been completely unable to find the download....

RE: Access 2000 and empty fields

От
Phil Davey
Дата:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Dave Page wrote:
> MDAC 2.5 is downloadable from www.microsoft.com/data - in fact 2.6 is also
> available there but that version no longer includes the JET engine. A KB
> article (I forget the number) says you can download JET seperately but I've
> been completely unable to find the download....

Oops, my mistake. I found 2.1 first, but then I found that the actual
latest version was indeed 2.5SP1. (It was 2.6 that isn't downloadable).

So, I have now tried Access SR1A with MDAC 2.5SP1 and that doesn't work.
I can still edit fields of rows which contain no blank fields, but if
there is a field which is blank, it won't let me edit any of that row.

--
Phil Davey
http://www.pod-designs.net/philandjo.html

RE: Access 2000 and empty fields

От
"Francis Solomon"
Дата:
Dave and Phil,

Some links that might interest you ...

MDAC 2.6:  http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_260rtm.htm
MDAC 2.6 Software Development Kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_260SDK.htm
JET 4.0 SP5: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/1/14.ASP

The JET 4 page has links to three different versions: for Win9x/NT, for
Win2K, and for WinME.

Note that SP5 is brand new - less than a week old, so it may be worth
getting even for those who've downloaded it relatively recently. I couldn't
tell you what issues it fixes, though, since I only discovered the new SP
myself this morning :)

Hope these new revs might fix your problem. Enjoy.

Francis Solomon

<..snip..>

> MDAC 2.5 is downloadable from www.microsoft.com/data - in fact 2.6 is also
> available there but that version no longer includes the JET engine. A KB
> article (I forget the number) says you can download JET
> seperately but I've
> been completely unable to find the download....

Re: Access 2000 and empty fields

От
Jamie Walker
Дата:
In article <Pine.SGI.3.96.1001110090630.11023994A-
100000@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>, Phil Davey <pd213@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> writes
>So, I have now tried Access SR1A with MDAC 2.5SP1 and that doesn't work.
>I can still edit fields of rows which contain no blank fields, but if
>there is a field which is blank, it won't let me edit any of that row.
Have you tried turning 'Row Versioning' on in the ODBC advanced
properties and re-linking your tables?
--
Jamie Walker              "While there are no known bugs in it, it might
jamie@sagaxis.co.uk        destroy your filesystems, eat your data and