Обсуждение: ODBC SQLNumResultCols broken?

ODBC SQLNumResultCols broken?

От
Bill
Дата:
The ODBC book I have claims that if, after execution, a statement
has no result data, then SQLNumResultCols(statement, &ncols) returns
ncols == 0.  TRUE?  FALSE?

If TRUE, then postgresql ODBC driver (latest stuff) is broken because
it always returns the number of '?' there are in the SQL query
statement no matter if any rows were returned by the execute.

What I am really trying to do is test existence of an index "id" in a table.
I call SQLExecute() on a prepared statement that looks like this:
"select id from tablename where id = ?"
Parameter is bound, everything returns success.  Now I can tell if
the id is in the table if any rows were returned from this query.  Is
there some other or better way to do this?

Of course, postgresql ODBC and JDBC drivers are still broken in the
ways I have reported before, but no one seems to care.  8^(

Bill <bouma@cplane.com>

Re: ODBC SQLNumResultCols broken?

От
Kovacs Zoltan Sandor
Дата:
> Of course, postgresql ODBC and JDBC drivers are still broken in the
> ways I have reported before, but no one seems to care.  8^(
Yes, it is my great problem with the developers of the ODBC driver. My
patch is also not tested and added to the CVS for 6 months. 8^(

Zoltan

RE: ODBC SQLNumResultCols broken?

От
Dave Page

What developers? Up 'till a couple of months ago we relied on Byron for the
ODBC code (sincere apologies if anyone else was involved that I don't know
about). Now that Byron is unable (I assume not unwilling) to contribute as
he did, I think we need someone to take over responsibility or at least get
heavily involved as soon as possible.

I would volunteer myself, but my C is isn't really up to it and pgAdmin
takes a fair bit of time... Anyone else?

Regards,
Dave.