Обсуждение: importing from other dbases

importing from other dbases

От
Tomasz Brzezina
Дата:
Hello pgsql-interfaces,
 Is there a possibility to import external database e.g. *.dbf dBase file into Postgres base? How to?

--
Tomasz Brzezina
FidoNet Node: 2:484/21

Re: importing from other dbases

От
Max Khon
Дата:
hi, there!

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Tomasz Brzezina wrote:

>   Is there a possibility to import external database e.g. *.dbf dBase file into Postgres base?
>   How to?

there is dbf2mysql tool on http://www.mysql.com/Contrib/dbf2mysql-1.13.tgz
I think it can be easily ported from mysql API to libpq or even ODBC

/fjoe

Re: importing from other dbases

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 12:37:50PM +0700, Max Khon wrote:
> >   Is there a possibility to import external database e.g. *.dbf dBase file into Postgres base?
> >   How to?
>
> there is dbf2mysql tool on http://www.mysql.com/Contrib/dbf2mysql-1.13.tgz
> I think it can be easily ported from mysql API to libpq or even ODBC

There is also a dbf2pg tool available. I do only have the Debian package
address for it, but since the original tarball is distributed too that
should suffice:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/sources/misc/dbf2pg_2.0-7.deb

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

RE: importing from other dbases

От
Dave Page

pgAdmin has a db Migration Wizard - i've not tested it with a dbf file, but
if you have an ODBC driver for it it should work. pgAdmin is at:
http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/

Regards,
Dave.
--
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been

Re: importing from other dbases

От
Herbert Rabago Ambos
Дата:
No need to download from MYSQL site... i have a file attahce it says it
can convert dbf's to pgsql.  Actually i also got it from the net. I Never
used it before, but it may help someday.

herbert

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Max Khon wrote:

> hi, there!
>
> On Fri, 19 May 2000, Tomasz Brzezina wrote:
>
> >   Is there a possibility to import external database e.g. *.dbf dBase file into Postgres base?
> >   How to?
>
> there is dbf2mysql tool on http://www.mysql.com/Contrib/dbf2mysql-1.13.tgz
> I think it can be easily ported from mysql API to libpq or even ODBC
>
> /fjoe

Re: importing from other dbases

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
Michael Meskes wrote: >There is also a dbf2pg tool available. I do only have the Debian package >address for it, but
sincethe original tarball is distributed too that >should suffice: >
>ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/sources/misc/dbf2pg_2.0-7.deb

That should be:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/misc/dbf2sql_2.0.orig.tar.
gz

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but     in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than     themselves."      Philippians 2:3

Re: importing from other dbases

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 08:34:41PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>   >ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/sources/misc/dbf2pg_2.0-7.deb
>
> That should be:
>
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/misc/dbf2sql_2.0.orig.tar.
> gz

Oops. You're right of course. Two typos in one simple line. Arhg!

Michael