Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

> > Yes:
> >
> >         g++ -v
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mardrake-linux/2.95.2/specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

Pretty recent.  It certainly compiles under gcc version 2.7.2.1.  Strange.

Maybe it is a buggy g++.  Just a guess.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Pretty recent.  It certainly compiles under gcc version 2.7.2.1.  Strange.
> Maybe it is a buggy g++.  Just a guess.

I'm running the same distro/version and the current cvs tree (a bit
more recent than Frank's example afaik) compiles without errors.

I'll guess that it is a configuration issue on Frank's machine, or
that RC2 predates the last libpq++ code fixes.
                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

От
frank
Дата:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Pretty recent.  It certainly compiles under gcc version 2.7.2.1.  Strange.
> > Maybe it is a buggy g++.  Just a guess.
>
> I'm running the same distro/version and the current cvs tree (a bit
> more recent than Frank's example afaik) compiles without errors.
>
> I'll guess that it is a configuration issue on Frank's machine, or
> that RC2 predates the last libpq++ code fixes.
>
>                        - Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                         lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> South Pasadena, California

Well I just downloaded 7.0RC3 and it still produces
the same compiler errors :(
As far as my machine configuration, the machine I
just compiled this on is a new install Mandrake 7.0 no
fiddles, so I can only assume that everyone with this
distr can expect this problem.
BTW Mandrake just became #1 download distro.

Where do I go from here ? (be nice ;)

Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Wed, 03 May 2000, frank wrote:
> Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > I'm running the same distro/version and the current cvs tree (a bit
> > more recent than Frank's example afaik) compiles without errors.
> Well I just downloaded 7.0RC3 and it still produces
> the same compiler errors :(
> As far as my machine configuration, the machine I
> just compiled this on is a new install Mandrake 7.0 no
> fiddles, so I can only assume that everyone with this
> distr can expect this problem.
> BTW Mandrake just became #1 download distro.

> Where do I go from here ? (be nice ;)

Thomas: rpm -qa >thomas.rpm-list
Frank: rpm -qa >frank.rpm-list

Thomas, send thomas.rpm-list to Frank.

Frank, diff thomas.rpm-list frank.rpm-list and see what development libraries
etc Thomas has that you don't.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: [HACKERS] 7.0RC2 compile error !

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
frank <f.callaghan@ieee.org> writes:

(on errors with Mandrake)

> Well I just downloaded 7.0RC3 and it still produces
> the same compiler errors :(

It compiles just fine on Red Hat Linux 6.2

This wouldn't be the first time Mandrake ship a bad compiler - try to
install the ones from Red Hat 6.2 (and libstdc++ w/headers) and see if
that works.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.