Обсуждение: Using PGSQL via ODBC from within StarOffice ...

Using PGSQL via ODBC from within StarOffice ...

От
hph@hphbbs.ruhr.de (H.P.Heidinger)
Дата:
Hello Community,

In several articles (I read the digest) was mentioned, that gaining
connectivity from StarOffice to PGSQL is an already achieved solution.

Is there any kind of a recipe available HOW TO do that?

BTW: A section on the Postgresql.org home-page (e.g. "Common solutions")    would be a fine thing
Regards, Peter
--
#--------- H.P. Heidinger, Steeler Str. 121, 45138 Essen /Germany ----------#
# Tel: +49-201: 8903091 (ISDN)  # 287802 (voice) # 287803 (analog data/FAX)

Re: Using PGSQL via ODBC from within StarOffice ...

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> In several articles (I read the digest) was mentioned, that gaining
> connectivity from StarOffice to PGSQL is an already achieved solution.
> Is there any kind of a recipe available HOW TO do that?
> BTW: A section on the Postgresql.org home-page (e.g. "Common solutions")
>      would be a fine thing

If you find the solution or description, please post it here so we can
incorporate it into the docs. We already have a description for
ApplixWare and Postgres, simply because a few of us used it to get the
ODBC interface going on Unix boxes.

A similar description for StarOffice would be great.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: Using PGSQL via ODBC from within StarOffice ...

От
David Conners
Дата:
H.P.Heidinger wrote:

> Hello Community,
>
> In several articles (I read the digest) was mentioned, that gaining
> connectivity from StarOffice to PGSQL is an already achieved solution.
>
> Is there any kind of a recipe available HOW TO do that?
>
> BTW: A section on the Postgresql.org home-page (e.g. "Common solutions")
>      would be a fine thing
>
> Regards, Peter
> --
> #--------- H.P. Heidinger, Steeler Str. 121, 45138 Essen /Germany ----------#
> # Tel: +49-201: 8903091 (ISDN)  # 287802 (voice) # 287803 (analog data/FAX)
> # -------------------- MicroSoft Pollution Survivor -------------------------

Hi,

Your question got me to searching.  Have a look at
http://www.unixodbc.org/

David Conners