Обсуждение: RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC connect from Linux to Postgresql db server

RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC connect from Linux to Postgresql db server

От
"Ansley, Michael"
Дата:
I've just recently been to the unixODBC site, and they seem pretty keen on
maintaining 3.5 compliancy.  I'm not sure if they've updated the PG driver,
but AFAIK we maintain 2.5 (or 2.0) compliancy (right??), so it might be an
idea to see what they've done and perhaps use anything useful.

MikeA

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lockhart
To: Aage J. Skjolingstad
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Sent: 11/4/99 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC connect from Linux to Postgresql db server

> One more question though for a novice:
> 1) The Postgresql-odbc included w/ 6.5.2 is that different for the
> unixODBC included driver ?

It may be very similar. My recollection is that there was a code fork
when someone from unixODBC took the code, because he didn't want to
bother updating us :(

But maybe there have been no changes??
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

************

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC connect from Linux to Postgresql db server

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I've just recently been to the unixODBC site, and they seem pretty keen on
> maintaining 3.5 compliancy.  I'm not sure if they've updated the PG driver,
> but AFAIK we maintain 2.5 (or 2.0) compliancy (right??), so it might be an
> idea to see what they've done and perhaps use anything useful.

Patches accepted ;)

afaik there aren't any current maintainers who can take this on, but
if it interests someone, then there is a very useful role to fill...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California