Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/libpq++/

Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/libpq++/

От
prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick Welche)
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> To compile postgres using gcc 2.7.2.1 I had to modify 2 files
>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc
>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgenv.h
> Particularly,
> #include <iostream> to #include <iostream.h>
> #include <strstream> to #include <strstream.h>

My fault. I was using

gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)

when creating the above patches. However, please make the above
correct change, as all <iostream> does is to include <iostream.h> and
similarly <strstream> just includes <strstream.h>. I think the meaning
is deeper with other compilers, but with egcs they are just aliases. I
did, as Tom Lane puts it, just break it without thinking.

Cheers,

Patrick

prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick Welche) writes:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> To compile postgres using gcc 2.7.2.1 I had to modify 2 files
>> src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc
>> src/interfaces/libpq++/pgenv.h
>> Particularly,
>> #include <iostream> to #include <iostream.h>
>> #include <strstream> to #include <strstream.h>

> My fault. I was using
> gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
> when creating the above patches. However, please make the above
> correct change, as all <iostream> does is to include <iostream.h> and
> similarly <strstream> just includes <strstream.h>.

Applied.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 15-May-99 Patrick Welche wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> To compile postgres using gcc 2.7.2.1 I had to modify 2 files
>>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc
>>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgenv.h
>> Particularly,
>> #include <iostream> to #include <iostream.h>
>> #include <strstream> to #include <strstream.h>
>
> My fault. I was using
>
> gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
>
> when creating the above patches. However, please make the above
> correct change, as all <iostream> does is to include <iostream.h> and
> similarly <strstream> just includes <strstream.h>. I think the meaning
> is deeper with other compilers, but with egcs they are just aliases. I
> did, as Tom Lane puts it, just break it without thinking.

libpq++ is being redone.  Since 6.5 is under code freeze right now it'll
be 6.5.1 before the new stuff can show up.  pgenv.h is already history
as it uses pretty much all deprecated functions.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l

Дата:
> libpq++ is being redone.  Since 6.5 is under code freeze right now it'll
> be 6.5.1 before the new stuff can show up.  pgenv.h is already history
> as it uses pretty much all deprecated functions.
>
> Vince.

I think we may be able to put libpq++ into 6.5 at this point.  It is
pretty limited now.  I certainly don't think you are going to get it
into 6.5.1, because those are mostly fix releases.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 17-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> libpq++ is being redone.  Since 6.5 is under code freeze right now it'll
>> be 6.5.1 before the new stuff can show up.  pgenv.h is already history
>> as it uses pretty much all deprecated functions.
>>
>> Vince.
>
> I think we may be able to put libpq++ into 6.5 at this point.  It is
> pretty limited now.  I certainly don't think you are going to get it
> into 6.5.1, because those are mostly fix releases.

Don't have it on this machine, but I'll send it along tomorrow or the
next day.  Right now the only thing that's not working with the examples
is the large object stuff with binaries and I haven't tracked that down.
But it doesn't work with the example in the docs for libpq either...
Still alot I want to do but it's in alot better shape now than it was.
Dmitry's suggestions aren't in yet but will be soon.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l

Дата:
> Don't have it on this machine, but I'll send it along tomorrow or the
> next day.  Right now the only thing that's not working with the examples
> is the large object stuff with binaries and I haven't tracked that down.
> But it doesn't work with the example in the docs for libpq either...
> Still alot I want to do but it's in alot better shape now than it was.
> Dmitry's suggestions aren't in yet but will be soon.

Yes, I would like to get something new in libpq++.

Pennsylvania19026