Обсуждение: Problems accessing postmaster

Problems accessing postmaster

От
José López Requena
Дата:
Hi! I've a problem when try to connect to the postmaster v 6.4.2 via psql
or via c program.
If I type psql template1 or the program executes the function call
PGsetdb(pghost,pgport,pgoptions,pgtty,"template1"),it returns the following
error message:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
pqReadData()--backend closed the channel unexpectly this probably means the
backend terminated before or while processing the request.

If someone knows why this happens...
Also, there are news groups about postgresql?,and in such case, what is the
news server?

Thanks!

Re: [INTERFACES] Problems accessing postmaster

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_L=F3pez?=  Requena <jrequena@cc-ab.uclm.es> writes:
> Hi! I've a problem when try to connect to the postmaster v 6.4.2 via psql
> or via c program.
> If I type psql template1 or the program executes the function call
> PGsetdb(pghost,pgport,pgoptions,pgtty,"template1"),it returns the following
> error message:
> Connection to database 'template1' failed.
> pqReadData()--backend closed the channel unexpectly this probably means the
> backend terminated before or while processing the request.

Hmm.  That sounds pretty broken.  Does anything get logged in the
postmaster's log file (wherever you redirected its stdout/stderr to)?
Does a core file get created?  (Look for a core file both in the
postgres data directory and in its subdirectories.)  If there is a
core file, extracting a backtrace from it with gdb or your favorite
debugger would help us figure out what's wrong.

My first guess is some sort of configure/build foulup.  What kind of
system are you running on?  Which template did 'configure' pick?

            regards, tom lane