Обсуждение: Configuring

Configuring

От
Michael Yeung
Дата:
Dear all,

Can u please advise me how to configure the ODBC connections thru Gateway ?!

The Database server is outside the firewall !!

Thanks for your attention !!

Cheers,
MIKE

mOdbc proyect

От
Sergio
Дата:
Hi borlanders,

we are making the mOdbc proyect so we can deploy
our app without the BDE.

It consist in Odbc components, of course with sources.
It should compile in Delphi 3,4 and BCB 3

Please, visit http://www.perio.unlp.edu.ar/modbc

I'm using it with Postgres 6.3.2 and I'm having a little
glitch, so if someone at Insight (Byron?) could test
it, would be much appreciated.

Regards and sorry if this is a little off-topic,
Sergio Kessler

Re: [INTERFACES] Configuring

От
David Hartwig

Michael Yeung wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Can u please advise me how to configure the ODBC connections thru Gateway ?!
>
> The Database server is outside the firewall !!

This is not (should not) be an ODBC or PostgreSQL issue.  It is a network
administration issue.   It is no different than telnet'ing of ftp'ing to the
outside world.  All connections are outbound from the client side.   As long as
you can resolve IP addresses entered into the ODBC configuration, and your
firewall allows outbound access on your service port, (5432 by default) you
should be ok.

However, there is the basic configuration that must be dealt with.   See the FAQ
at: http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc for details on the connection checklist.