Обсуждение: jdbc driver

jdbc driver

От
Andrea Antibo
Дата:
I'm looking for jdbc driver that run with postgres 6.2.x
I can use the sun driver or there are specific driver?

I know they are in postgres 6.3.2 but I need it for 6.2.1

Second: I can use jolly character % and _  in my query in this version?

Thx.

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Andrea Antibo wrote:

> I'm looking for jdbc driver that run with postgres 6.2.x
> I can use the sun driver or there are specific driver?

I've got an archive of old JDBC drivers on my website.

Go to: http://www.retep.org.uk and select Download, and then PostgreSQL.

> I know they are in postgres 6.3.2 but I need it for 6.2.1

I've got drivers on there for several versions of postgres.

> Second: I can use jolly character % and _  in my query in this version?

If it's inside a query, then it's dependent on the backend, rather than
JDBC - as JDBC simply passes it on.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Andrea Antibo
Дата:
> I've got an archive of old JDBC drivers on my website.
>
> Go to: http://www.retep.org.uk and select Download, and then PostgreSQL.

I can use postgresql.jar or I must use jdbc6.2.1.jar?

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Andrea Antibo wrote:

> > I've got an archive of old JDBC drivers on my website.
> >
> > Go to: http://www.retep.org.uk and select Download, and then PostgreSQL.
> >

> I can use postgresql.jar or I must use jdbc6.2.1.jar?

The names on the site are just to define what version they contain. You
can rename the jar file into whatever you like, as long as the classpath
points to it, and all the .class files are inside.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Andrea Antibo
Дата:
>> I can use postgresql.jar or I must use jdbc6.2.1.jar?
>
> The names on the site are just to define what version they contain. You
> can rename the jar file into whatever you like, as long as the classpath
> points to it, and all the .class files are inside.

:-) I did a mistake

I don't understand if the postgresql.jar run with postgres 6.2.1.

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Andrea Antibo wrote:

> >> I can use postgresql.jar or I must use jdbc6.2.1.jar?
> >
> > The names on the site are just to define what version they contain. You
> > can rename the jar file into whatever you like, as long as the classpath
> > points to it, and all the .class files are inside.
>

> :-) I did a mistake
>
> I don't understand if the postgresql.jar run with postgres 6.2.1.

The jdbc6.2.1.jar file should work ok with postgresql 6.2.1 - I dug it out
of my archives a few days ago, so I haven't tested it for some time (read
a year or so), but it should be ok.

Peter

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc driver

От
Andrea Antibo
Дата:
> The jdbc6.2.1.jar file should work ok with postgresql 6.2.1 - I dug it out
> of my archives a few days ago, so I haven't tested it for some time (read
> a year or so), but it should be ok.
>
> Peter

ok, for now I'm looking for install postgres 6.3.2 (with less luck)