Обсуждение: Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac

Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac

От
Sebastian Meyer
Дата:
Is there an easy way to get a postgres aware pgtksh (wish,
Tcl/Tk-shell) for NT and/or the Mac.

Am I right, that pgtksh will allow to run pgtksh scripts unmodified
across the platforms?

I love Tcl/Tk and the paragraph below (taken from
http://www.postgresql.org/info.shtml) sounds so promising, but I
didn't find a pointer to a pgtksh port yet.

---------
     PostgreSQL has TCL/TK library in distribution. TCL/TK is a Rapid
     Application Development tool. Develop once and run it everywhere on
     NT, Win 95, Linux, and most Unixes!
---------

Thanks for any hints,
        sebastian
--
    __o     Sebastian Meyer  Tel: (0421)218-7702 | "A weird imagination
  _ \<,_    meyer@mevis.de   http://www.mevis.de | is most useful to gain

Re: [INTERFACES] Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac

Дата:
Sebastian Meyer <meyer@mevis.de> writes:
> Is there an easy way to get a postgres aware pgtksh (wish,
> Tcl/Tk-shell) for NT and/or the Mac.

I'm not sure what it would take to make libpgtcl run on either of
those platforms... NT might not be hard, but Mac could be.

At least in the short run, you'd be better off using a pure-Tcl
implementation of the PostgreSQL query protocol.  Recent discussion
here alleged

: ... but there is a tcl script equivalent
: of libpgtcl.so which is called pgsql.tcl. It is available from the same
: site that you get pgaccess

I have not chased down this reference but you may care to try it.
(There is a link to pgaccess on the PostgreSQL web site.)

            regards, tom lane

[INTERFACES] Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac

От
Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Дата:
  Hi,

Sebastian Meyer writes:
 > Is there an easy way to get a postgres aware pgtksh (wish,
 > Tcl/Tk-shell) for NT and/or the Mac.
 >
 > Am I right, that pgtksh will allow to run pgtksh scripts unmodified
 > across the platforms?

  I made a "proxy" to postgres. It runs on the machine where your DB
is running or, at least, you have pgtclsh. I put it on inetd.conf and
it's called for every new conection to the DB.
  I made it because I need to run a program in both Unix and Windows
machines and this program needs to access postgres. Oh, this program
is in Tcl/Tk, of course 8-) The program just opens a normal socket,
connects to my proxy and access the databases without having any
postgres lib.
  Any interest ?

Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Innova Producoes Digitais