Обсуждение: Re: Getting it to work

Re: Getting it to work

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
First of all, all PostODBC users are being encouraged to move over to (or
at least cross post to) the pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org mailing
list...main benefit is that there are more ppl over here, alot of them
trying to do the same thing as you...but secondary benefit is that the
PostgreSQL developers are here also...in case its a PostgreSQL problem...

Next...

    ...what version of PostgreSQL and what version of PostODBC?

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Lyndon Sundmark wrote:

> Hi, i recently installed postgresql on linuxppc on a power mac. I can
> run it local on the mac and execute commands etc.
>
> However, I also downloaded postodbc and installed it on a pentium
> machine which is networked to the powermac. I cannot get th odbc driver
> to see postgresql though.
>
> Does something have to be done to give postgresql odbc capability with
> post odbc or can it be odbc aware with the standard compile.
>
> Ideas? Any help would be appreciated  :-)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Latest postodbc?

От
David Foster
Дата:
Where is the latest version of PostODBC.  Is it posrc31.zip, dated Feb. 12?

Over the last week there have been a slew of messages stating that the latest
version can be found at ftp.postgresql.org, but I can't find a version of
PostODBC
there, does anyone have a URL?  If found the above file at
postodbc.magenet.com,
but have no idea if it's the latest version.

Thanks

PS.
Should we now consider the postodbc-users list dead, and stop cross-posting
there?

Re: [INTERFACES] Latest postodbc?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, David Foster wrote:

> Where is the latest version of PostODBC.  Is it posrc31.zip, dated Feb. 12?
>
> Over the last week there have been a slew of messages stating that the latest
> version can be found at ftp.postgresql.org, but I can't find a version of
> PostODBC
> there, does anyone have a URL?  If found the above file at
> postodbc.magenet.com,
> but have no idea if it's the latest version.

    The latest version is included with v6.3, and isn't backwards
compatible with pre-v6.3 servers (our fault, we changed the internal
communications protocols)...

    Last I heard from Julie, she was hoping to have a couple of
nagging bugs worked out of PostODBC sometime this week, *but* if anyone
out there can help her out (ie. anyone out there know anything about
Windows programming??), I know she'd be much appreciatative about it...

> PS.
> Should we now consider the postodbc-users list dead, and stop cross-posting
> there?

    Yes...

Re: [INTERFACES] Latest postodbc?

От
David Foster
Дата:
At 12:03 PM 3/19/98 , The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, David Foster wrote:
>
>> Where is the latest version of PostODBC.  Is it posrc31.zip, dated Feb. 12?

<snip>
>    The latest version is included with v6.3, and isn't backwards
>compatible with pre-v6.3 servers (our fault, we changed the internal
>communications protocols)...

OK, I grabbed the postgres 6.3 release, as well as the stuff from the CVSup
tree.

Has anyone been able to compile this?  The line breaks seem to have gone
screwy,
causing lots of the single-line comments to fall over to multiple lines.
Not good.

First, I thought it was my editor, but I double checked in in a hexdump
from a freshly
untarred postgres distribution.  Is there an easy fix to this, or something
I should be
doing?