Обсуждение: Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3

Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3

От
Carlo Vitolo
Дата:
At 07:45 PM 3/15/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Carlo,
>
>Did you get any helpful replies to this posting, or have you solved the
>problem yourself yet?
>After using pgaccess with postgres 6.2 successfully, I just cannot get
>pgaccess to working with postgres 6.3.
>I have re-compiled postgres 6.3, libpgtcl & libpq, installed (replaced the
>libs in my usr/lib) and I still get the same error as yourself. I am using
>RH5.0 & tcl 8.0. pgaccess 0.84 & postgres 0.63.
>
>If you have had any joy, please let me know..

No, Pgaccess(any version) & postgresql 6.3 doesn't work for me.
I still get the same error.

Sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~[Carlo Vitolo]~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EMAIL: carlo@ilr.interbusiness.it
HOME: http://home.ilrspa.com/~carlo/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> >After using pgaccess with postgres 6.2 successfully, I just cannot
> >get pgaccess to working with postgres 6.3.
> No, Pgaccess(any version) & postgresql 6.3 doesn't work for me.
> I still get the same error.

I recently installed pgaccess and it seems to work, though I'm not
certain what error you are seeing. Same versions for everything except
I'm running RH4.2.

Are you starting the postmaster with the "-i" option? You'll need to...

                - Tom

Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3

От
Constantin Teodorescu
Дата:
Carlo Vitolo wrote:

> At 07:45 PM 3/15/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >Carlo,
> >
> >Did you get any helpful replies to this posting, or have you solved the
> >problem yourself yet?
> >After using pgaccess with postgres 6.2 successfully, I just cannot get
> >pgaccess to working with postgres 6.3.
> >I have re-compiled postgres 6.3, libpgtcl & libpq, installed (replaced the
> >libs in my usr/lib) and I still get the same error as yourself. I am using
> >RH5.0 & tcl 8.0. pgaccess 0.84 & postgres 0.63.
> >
> >If you have had any joy, please let me know..
> >

> No, Pgaccess(any version) & postgresql 6.3 doesn't work for me.
> I still get the same error.

I have installed PostgreSQL 6.3, on a RedHat 5.0 with Tcl/Tk 8.0 and
PgAccess 0.84 !!!

I didn't encountered any problem!

Please follow exactly : the following steps.

1. Remove *ANY* file, program, library related to PostgreSQL 6.2.1 from
anywhere, especially libpgtcl.so.* libpq.so.*
2. Untar the last PostgreSQL 6.3 distribution
3. Compile all, compile also src/interfaces/libpgtcl and
/src/interfaces/libpq
4. Install postgres and make it work
5. Copy libpgtcl.so.? in /lib as libpgtcl.so (without any other numeric
extension)
6. Copy libpq.so.? in /lib as libpq.so (also, without any other numeric
extension)
7. Install PgAccess and run it with "wish -f pgaccess.tcl"

Please report me exactly what it happens!

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA