Обсуждение: pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Hi...

    I just finally got pgaccess to work on one of my machines, and am
totally lost on how to use the 'forms' feature.

    I'm sorry, but I might be totally think here, but I've read
through the web page on this, and either I have a problem on my server, or
this just doesn't work as expected :(

    First, the simple thing...how do I start off a form?  From the WWW
page:

In order to make a simple test, put an entry field and set it's variable
to v1 and a button who's command is "set v1 whisky".

Press the button "Test form" and click on the button.

In that entry should appear whisky.

    Now, if I read the instructions right, I should be able to go to
the toolbar, click on 'entry' and drag it to...?  The "Form Design"
window?  If so, that doesn't work :(

    If I go to "Forms" and hit new, I get 4 windows popping up:

        - Toolbar
        - Attributes
        - Form Design
        - Commands

    I'm using tcl7.6 and tk4.2, if that helps any...

    Help?? :)

Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

От
Constantin Teodorescu
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>         I just finally got pgaccess to work on one of my machines, and am
> totally lost on how to use the 'forms' feature.

I'm afraid I'm not a very good teacher :-)

Also, the API for forms and connecting to databases is at the begining.

Today I will release a new 0.83 version of PgAccess with a slightly
modified interface for databases (queries).
Also I will relase a database (in a dumped format) with a simple example
( phone book). How to display, search and add enteries. I Think that it
will be ok than.

>         Now, if I read the instructions right, I should be able to go to
> the toolbar, click on 'entry' and drag it to...?  The "Form Design"
> window?  If so, that doesn't work :(

No. First of all you should choose your tool. Let's say listbox.
Than you go on canvas and make a rectangle as in Corel (point somewhere,
press the button, drag to the end and release the mouse-button).
The rectangle should appear when you release the mouse-button as a
listbox.

Please wait for this 0.83 version and for demo database !
I hope that it will come today in let's say 8 hours.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> No. First of all you should choose your tool. Let's say listbox.
> Than you go on canvas and make a rectangle as in Corel (point somewhere,
> press the button, drag to the end and release the mouse-button).
> The rectangle should appear when you release the mouse-button as a
> listbox.

    Not that bad a teacher...you solved my initial problem :)  I
suggest mentioning this "go on canvas and make a rectangle" in the docs
though...I don't know if this is some sort of "tcl/tk" thing, but it
definitely wasn't something that I would have thought about :(