Обсуждение: log bloating with shortlife bgworkers?

log bloating with shortlife bgworkers?

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

I am planning to use short living bg workers. I was little bit surprised so any start and finish does entry in log. Is there any plan to decrease a log level for these purposes?

Regards

Pavel

Re: log bloating with shortlife bgworkers?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 2:04 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning to use short living bg workers. I was little bit surprised so
> any start and finish does entry in log. Is there any plan to decrease a log
> level for these purposes?

Parallel query is going to hit that issue, too.  I imagine we'll do
something about it at some point.  Maybe add a flag that reduces the
log level to DEBUG1 or DEBUG2.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company