Обсуждение: Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script

Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script

Дата:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10737283/single-quotes-and-double-quotes-how-to-have-the-same-behaviour-in-unix-and-wind

> Again, is it worth doing something platform-specific?  I can certainly
> define a platform-specific macro for " or ' as and use that.  Good idea?

I have developed the attached patch to use platform-specific quoting of
path names.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения

Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have developed the attached patch to use platform-specific quoting of
> path names.

Part of me wonders about initdb's existing DIR_SEP and QUOTE_PATH
definitions ... seems messy to reinvent these things all over again.

Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script

Дата:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:59:26PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I have developed the attached patch to use platform-specific quoting of
> > path names.
>
> Part of me wonders about initdb's existing DIR_SEP and QUOTE_PATH
> definitions ... seems messy to reinvent these things all over again.

I don't think we can reuse QUOTE_PATH as it is used in initdb for
displaying potential ways of starting the server, and it assumes Unix
doesn't need quoting, while Windows usually does.  For an actual script,
we always want to use quoting.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script

Дата:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 10:52:45PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 05:03:45PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > All of our makefiles use single quotes, so effectively the only
> > > character we don't support in directory paths is the single quote itself.
> >
> > This seems to say that Windows batch files don't have any special
> > meaning for single quotes:
> >
> >     http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24173825/what-does-single-quote-do-in-windows-batch-files

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10737283/single-quotes-and-double-quotes-how-to-have-the-same-behaviour-in-unix-and-wind

> > Again, is it worth doing something platform-specific?  I can certainly
> > define a platform-specific macro for " or ' as and use that.  Good idea?
>
> I have developed the attached patch to use platform-specific quoting of
> path names.

Applied.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +