Обсуждение: Modyfication Sort Merge Join Alghoritm

Modyfication Sort Merge Join Alghoritm

От
tubadzin
Дата:
Hi users.
I want to sure, that is no this implementation in Postgresql:
For Sorte Merge Join Alghoritm:
 If the large input arrives sorted,
g-join joins its pages with the buffer pool contents by strictly
increasing join key values and the join output is also strictly
sorted.

Is it difficult to implement this functionality?
Best Regards,
Tom

Re: Modyfication Sort Merge Join Alghoritm

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 08/12/2013 01:31 PM, tubadzin wrote:
> Hi users.
> I want to sure, that is no this implementation in Postgresql:
> For Sorte Merge Join Alghoritm:
>  If the large input arrives sorted,
> g-join joins its pages with the buffer pool contents by strictly
> increasing join key values and the join output is also strictly
> sorted.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  We have a merge sort already,
and AFAIK it doesn't resort the input if it was sorted in an earlier step.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Modyfication Sort Merge Join Alghoritm

От
Jeff Janes
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM, tubadzin <tubadzin@o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi users.
> I want to sure, that is no this implementation in Postgresql:
> For Sorte Merge Join Alghoritm:
>  If the large input arrives sorted,
> g-join joins its pages with the buffer pool contents by strictly
> increasing join key values and the join output is also strictly
> sorted.

What is a "g-join"?  If you have a reference to that algorithm, it
would help clarify what you are asking.

Cheers,

Jeff

Re: Modyfication Sort Merge Join Alghoritm

От
David Fetter
Дата: